A Breaking Story

"Breaking News!!" the anchor on tv shouted the next morning. "Civilians beware, somehow All For One manged to escape!!"

"WHAT!?" Kirishima shouted.

"He seemed to have multiple alliances helping him, and it clearly wasn't smooth sailing for them either as multiple guards were found dead."

They actually did it!? I figured it was a super long of a shot, but not impossible. Still, that's an insane feat!

"We're in trouble..." Sero murmured. "The League of Villains probably broke him out, so now we know what they're really capable of..."

"SO WERE THEY GOING EASY ON US THIS ENTIRE TIME!?" Bakugo shouted.

"They could've teamed up with someone, but I don't think they'd be open to that," I hinted to them.

"We can't rule it out though," Mr. Aizawa said, walking into the room. "I want you all to be more cautious than ever before. If he likes your quirk, he won't hesitate to take it."

"WHAT'S HE SUPPOSED TO DO ON LIFE SUPPORT!?" Bakugo challenged.

"You saw his fight with All Might, be cautious Bakugo, you can't just challenge every situation head-on, especially this one."

Something struck my mind, I had to hold back a smile and feign worry.

"All Might must be crushed..." I said. "All the work he put in to capture him, and he escapes a month later."

"Don't worry, Midoriya, we'll make sure he gets back in jail. And let him rot away for the rest of his sorry life."

My phone started buzzing. I took it out of my pocket and read the screen, "Crusty", it said.

"Sorry, let me take this," I said as I left for my room.

"Hey Crusty, I saw the news," I said.

"I told you to quit calling me Crusty, Midoriya!" He snapped. I heard a new voice in the back repeat my name.

"Yes, Midoriya, why do you ask," Shigiraki asked the man, the phone now sounded like it was away from his face.

"Anyways, why'd you call me?" I asked.

"Right, I just wanted to say if you can, head over to the base this weekend. Your mom will be here too. You can leave the dorms during the weekend, right?"

"Yep, you just have to let the teachers know where you're going, and return Sunday night at the latest."

"Good, then we'll meet you there?"

"Obviously, I wanna actually see who we're working for with my own eyes."

"Ok, see you Saturday." And with that, Shigiraki hung up. And it was time to convince Aizawa to let me go.

***

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" Aizawa shouted.

"I said I'd be cautious, besides, my mom really wants to see me again." I said.

"The most dangerous villain in the world just escaped, and that's when you decide to leave!?"

"Aizawa," All Might said. "Midoriya is strong and fast. If he needs to run he should be able to get away."

"SO!?"

"Come on, take it through Nezu at least."

"...Fine, but you have to be SUPER cautious. If anything dangerous or suspicious happens, anything at all, you are coming RIGHT BACK HERE, UNDERSTAND!?"

"Yes sir! Thank you!" I said, bowing my head.

"Good, now leave. I'll try and get Nezu behind it."