Returning the favor [Pt 1]

Mirio and I walked around the street, looking for anything that could help. Overhaul... I recognize that name, but from where?

As we were passing an alley way, a small girl ran up to us and slammed into me. I looked down at her as she looked up at me, she then put her head back into my body as she quietly said "Please help me..." with tears running down her face.

As I was debating what to do, a man came out of the same alley way, fidgeting with his glove a bit.

"Eri, naughty girl, get back here," he said. I looked up at him... he was wearing a steampunk bird beak mask. This was the guy we were looking for! The girl was quietly sobbing and pleading for help in a whisper.

"You did something to this girl," I muttered. Mirio starred at me terrified, and I could sense some startle in Overhaul's eyes.

"No, no I didn't. She just likes to get me in trouble."

"Sorry about him sir, he tends to jump to the worst conclusions. Come on Deku, we should get back on patrol," Mirio tried to excuse.

"Eri, get back here, you know what'll happen if you don't..."

Overhaul walked away, fidgeting with his glove again, Eri saw this and quickly ran after him. I could feel myself glaring at him, rage filling up inside of me. I knew Shigiraki would feel the same way if he met this guy... wait a second, that's where I heard his name from, Shigiraki said we made a deal with him... He must not know what he's doing.

Mirio lifted me up. "We're going to need to report this to Sir, Deku. He's a licensed hero, he can take care of it."

"He did something to that girl... He did something to that girl... He did something to that girl..." I kept muttering.

"Please, calm down, Sir will take care of this."

I just kept muttering those words, over and over to myself. It must have freaked Mirio out... I say that as if I cared. Once we got to Nighteye and Bubble Girl, Mirio shook me to try and get me to stop, of which didn't work.

"Deku, cut it out, you're starting to scare me!" Bubble Girl exclaimed. "And no offense, but... your face isn't helping that much either."

"Deku!" Nighteye barked. I immediately stopped and froze. Not looking up, just starring at the ground. "Thank god... What do you mean 'he did some to that girl'? Who's 'he' and who's the girl?"

Mirio explained the situation as calmly as he could. Which wasn't fully calm. Nighteye looked at both of us, a tad bit stunned. He then pushed his glasses up his nose and said "You did the right thing for the time being. As much as I know you would've liked to leave with the girl, we don't fully understand her situation, it's extremely risky to just up and take her like I'm sure Deku was about to. It's clear we have much more research to do..."

We walked back to the office, half of us extremely annoyed.

"...I'll send you guys a location to match somewhere, go immediately. No hesitate, a real hero doesn't wait on a distress call," Nighteye said as Mirio and I walked out his office door. We both nodded and left.

***

"Hello Midoriya! How was your work study?" Iida said as I walked into the dorms. I just gave him a thumbs up and left for my room. I pulled out my phone and texted Shigiraki.

"Do you know what Overhaul is doing to Eri?"

"I'm well aware, you didn't think I wouldn't ask why he needed to keep the girl locked up so securely, did you?"

"And you're ok with it!?"

"Of course not! It's why we aren't fully going through with his little plan, we're going to let the girl escape. I have a feeling you're going to be stuck with the heros, so I don't mind you helping them rescue them, got it?"

"You act like I want to help them."

I shut my phone off, and went to sleep. Waiting for the day to get that girl out of the greedy bastard's hands.