37 - Cameron's Strategy

(Sienna's POV)

"Well, it's obvious you wouldn't recognize me after so many years!"

"M-Mika?"

"Mhm!" Mika says, happily. "That's me! I'm back from Paris!"

"I thought you were-"

"You thought I was dead, right?" She giggles and scratches her cheek. "Yeah, sorry about that, Si."

"Then, what..."

"What you saw back there was a clone! Clever wasn't it? It even fooled Sia-"

I slap her, cutting her off. She gasps, cupping the cheek I hit and looks back up at me in surprise. Her face falls into a frown and her eyes start to water.

"I'm so glad to see you again, Mika, but you need to explain this," I tell her. "You can't just fake your death, change your appearance, and run away for years on end! Mika, I thought you were dead! I joined the League of Villains (momentarily), I put your life essence into a ring, I got married, I had children, I-"

"You got married?" Mika asks, her eyes glossy.

I nod, slowly. "And I regret it... He just wanted to use me for his experiments. He took someone in as a successor and made me have children. As you know, every generation of quirks gets stronger than the last. He wanted to use my children to make stronger versions."

"Still..." She says. "If you're married with children, then..."

"Mika," I say. "It doesn't matter. Whether or not I have a husband, I don't like him. He's threatening my brother and my sister so I stay married to him."

"Why did you even connect with him?" She asks. "He's clearly a shit person."

"I met him because I thought you died..." I say. "I was desperate for some kind of relief and he said he'd give it to me."

"Mmm..." She hums. "Stardust... I'm so sorry... But if it didn't happen then..." Her voice starts to break. "Then..."

She starts sobbing, so I hug her, tightly. "Mika... "

"S-Sianna... Would've..."

"Shhh, sh sh shhh," I say. "Don't worry about it, Mimi... I'm gonna teleport us into my mouse and make you some tea, okay? Then, we can talk if you want."

"M-Mhm..."

"Okay... I'm going to count down from three and we'll be there, okay?" She nods. "Okay. Three... Two..." I teleport us. "One..."

I pick Mika up and place her onto the couch. She regains her composure as I start preparing her tea. I fill my tea pot with water place it on the stove to boil. I then grab ginger roots, chamomile flowers, valerian roots, tea tree leaves, and mint leaves and start crushing them up. I lay them out on a pan to dry them in the oven. The small surface area of the herbs, it didn't take too long to do so, so I pull them out before they burn and the flavor is lost. I couldn't save some, though, so I pull them off. I grab my mortar and pestle and start grinding the dried herbs up. Then, I pour it into a strainer and get two cups. I strain the water through the ground up herbs and leaves and into each cups. I add some honey and milk, then mix it together. I bring it out to serve Mika.

"I made it with purely medicinal herbs and tea and mint leaves," I tell her as I hand her her cup. "You always loved my tea, Mimi."

"It was always my favorite," She says, staring into the cup. "Not even I could replicate it... Especially your special blend, just for me..." I sit next to her as she takes a sip, her cheeks turning a slight red. "Delicious, as always."