36 - Misery Loves Company

(Sienna's POV)

"Stardust," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank you... For last night."

"I was just trying to help. I know how Atama gets when you break the rules."

"Didn't know you were awake," I giggle and kiss his forehead. "Plus, I didn't break them, I bent them... Slightly." He gives me a "no bullshit" look and I sigh. "I held her for three more hours and five minutes longer than was on the hit. I don't think Cammie would be very upset about that."

"Hey, Si..."

"What?" I ask, sitting up and tilting my head.

"Would you leave me for Mika if she were to come back?"

"No? Why? Did you have another premonition dream?"

He shakes his head. "Then... If Mika were to come back, you'd stay with me, even if you'd have to leave Mika?"

"Hell no!"

"What?"

"If it were ever possible that Mika could come back, and she wanted to be with me again, then I'd just date the both of you."

Jikan goes silent, lost in thought. After a few seconds, he speaks. "Did you ever know what Mika's quirk is?"

"Her quirk? Isn't it something water-based, since she's related to the Izumi family?"

"Izumi?"

"Water hose. Come to think of it, what was her quirk? She's never use it before. She said she wanted to save it for dancing."

"I see..."

"Last night... I had a deja vu like dream... That Mika actually managed to fight back and beat Sianna... She managed to get away and went to Paris for the dance school..."

"She died the day before she was supposed to leave." He looks at my phone. "You're gonna get a hit soon. Make sure you carry it out as well as you can."

He stands up and leaves, waving a goodbye to me as he walks away. Sure enough, my phone goes off with a hit from a vaguely familiar face. Lightly tanned skin, medium brown eyes, and long, bleach-blonde hair, staring into the camera like she hates what she sees in it. The hit is for Sianna. Kill her and bring her the victim's head. A phone number is included to contact the client when the job is finished. I am to text her: "Pineapples at [insert meetup spot here]" to alert her.

I'm practically jumping at the thought, so much that I want to do it right now. I've wanted to kill Sianna in so many different ways, it's hard to remember all of it. I'm getting excited just thinking of it. I wanna skin her alive and peel her face off, then frame it and hang it on the wall of my secret room. I wanna use her body as a trophy. But, more than that, I want her to suffer all the pain at once. I can quantify the amount of pain in a memory. So, by adding all of it up, I can find how much physical pain will show it.

After a few days, I've managed to break the cycle and get Sianna back to me. The day she arrives, I lock her in my room for a few hours while I carry out another hit. Once I return, I happily dance into the room with my favorite swords.

"Are you happy to finally be out of your misery?" I ask her, sharpening the swords. She silent. I pull my sword over to the side of her neck. "Well?"

"Yes..."

"Looks like your will's finally been broken, Si the Second," I say, winding up my sword. She braces for impact, but I just lay it on my shoulder. "Of course, I'm going to chop your head off with my favorite sword, but I have something I want to do first."

"Please..." She says, quietly. "I want to live..."

I look up at her. "I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to be put out of your misery." I grab a knife, a lighter, and a pin.

"Sienna... I'm so sorry..."

"Geez, where were you the past few days..."

"Please, forgive me..." I hesitate, slightly, thinking she's truly genuine, but I remember everything she did. "Let me live..."

"I'm not falling for this, Sianna." I cut open her side and pull out a nerve ending with some tweezers, then heat up the pin. "I thought of a way for you to experience all of the pain you've caused me at once. So, you can't die with a smile on your face."

I place the hot pin on the nerve ending and she lets out an ear-piercing scream. Satisfied, I stand up and grab my sword. She gives me that usual smug smile as I bring the sword to her neck. I draw it back, then swiftly stab her in the solar plexus, twisting it as it enters. She gasps as I pull it out. With that smile finally off her face, I quickly cut her head off, her blood spraying almost everywhere. I almost regret bringing her into my room because now, I have to clean this up.

I send the text, telling the client to meet me in the alleyway behind the nearby apartment buildings. To my surprise, she's there before me, waiting for me. It's a little creepy, especially since I teleported there. She smiles, brightly, when she sees me, for whatever reason. I'm just assuming it's because of the head I'm holding. Still though, why is she here?

"Heyy!" She says, waving, excitedly to me. "I see you have her head! You can get rid of it, now!"

"Um... Okay," I say, taking the life essence from her head. Her skull clatters to the ground.

"Here's your payment!" She's oddly excited to be paying me, but I take it, anyway. She hugs me, all of a sudden.

"Um... What are doing this for?" I ask, gently patting her head. For some reason, this hug feels natural.

"Well, it's obvious you wouldn't recognize me after so many years, Stardust!" She giggles.

I feel my face heat up. "M-Mika?"