13 - Cavalry Battle

(Shizu's POV)

Eros hesitantly touches her forehead, where the headband was sitting, just ready for people to take. We expect people to go after the million, so we want to basically team up with Midoriya's team and prey on everyone after the million. We don't entirely intend on aiming for the top, but we did want to get at the very least second or third, so taking the bands of everyone is our best course of action. The moment the cavalry battle begins, Nishiya, Lienne, and I run directly towards the million points, blending in with the other people running for the same place. Nishiya takes the liberty of snatching a few of the points off a few of the people too focused on first place to protect their own points. She silently hands them up to Eros and she wraps them around her neck. I take a short peek up at her and see how she's doing. She seems to be extremely nervous about the whole thing. I consider letting loose my fire, but the smoke would get us disqualified. We manage to get dangerously close to the million points, but they go up, getting out of the way of everyone running after them. I hear Eros and Lienne gasp in surprise as they rise, then put on a determined face. We're following them, no matter what.

"Nishiya, raise us up, make sure we stay on their tail," I instruct the others. "Eros, Lienne, keep an eye out for anyone trying to get our points."

Everyone gives a sound of approval and we start following Midoriya's team in the sky. They land in the clear and two others start to approach them. Lienne gives us a warning about Mineta's balls and we see the team we're following get stuck. Like that, they can't take to the air again, for sure, so it'll be easier to tail them that way. The two charging at us are Shoji who seems to be alone and Some people from 1-B. Nishiya tosses some seeds on the ground and grass shoots up, blocking the onslaught of balls Mineta starts throwing. I turn and see the team we're tailing take off once again, to my surprise. I alert Nishiya, who quickly brings Mineta's headband to Eros with the grass and shoots us up towards the other team. I feel Eros get a bit off balance and she yelps, quietly. As Nishiya lowers us to the ground, I see Todoroki facing off with Midoriya's team. Seeing him, I feel my heart squeeze in such a way I've never felt before. Something like fear, but way less intense, washes over me, and I momentarily lose my balance. Lienne snaps me back to focus and I lift Eros up.

"Prepare to use your quirk, Eros," I warn her. "We might need it."

"Now, Iida, forward," Todoroki commands. He starts giving out commands to everyone in the group, including Kaminari as other students (who had already lost their points) approach our two teams.

"Eros, Quera, we need to fly," Nishiya directs us. "Use your quirk now, Eros!"

Eros activates her quirk and the two of them transform into a large Andean condor and swoop us up as Kaminari releases a high voltage attack, immobilizing most of the other students. Todoroki grabs hold of something Yaoyorozu stuck into the ground and freezes everyone behind him. The girls' wings give out and we start falling to the ground as they transform back into human form. They must've gotten permission to use the special suits Lienne's brother made. Nishiya uses the grass from earlier to help us land safely and snatch another headband from the other contestants. 

"Get on Todoroki's left side," Lienne tells us. "He won't use it against us."

"We don't need any more headbands, we have enough points," I say. "Let's get out of the battlefield and start running."

"So, they were using us," I hear Tokoyami murmur.

"What about the ten million?" Eros asks. "Don't we want first place?"

I shake my head. "No, we want to get to the next round. Plus, it wouldn't be right to steal the ten million after using them to get our own points. They deserve the points. Nishiya, get us into the air one last time and try to keep us there for the last sixty seconds."