2 - My Name Is Quera Lienne

(Quera's POV)

The gates to UA open just for me and the other students. The place is large and intimidating, but I just can't wait to attend classes. It's less of an achievement for me and more for my brother. The physical exam caused him to exert himself quite a bit, but he managed to get into the support course, as he wanted. As we walk into the building for the first time, I see a young boy with dark green hair and a plain-looking face. He seems to be a bit down in the dumps, but he doesn't look like he belongs here. Maybe he's in general studies or something. That'd make the most sense.

UA wasn't my first choice. If I wanted to, I could get into whatever school I want, especially when I study with my brother. The reason I chose UA is because I heard the son of my personal favorite hero is going there. Endeavor, the number two hero, is my favorite because he's so harsh and mean, and yet, he hasn't once been swayed to the dark side. That's something I want to do. Not be harsh and mean, but stay on the light side, even with all my hate in my heart. I want to be a hero so I'm far from who my dad is. My biggest dream is to meet Endeavor and ask him how he does it and with his son at the school I attend, there's a high chance that I'd be able to do so. He may be a hero, but he's a father, so he should act like it. Even my dad acts like a dad every once in a while.

In the hallway, I run into a young girl who looks like the person I helped during the exam. Her brown hair and rosy cheeks I'll always remember. She's quite a beautiful girl in my eyes. I think I'd quite enjoy being her friend.

"Oh, you're the kangaroo from the physical exam, aren't you?" She says, excitedly. "My name's Chiyo Eros! It's nice to formally meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you, too, Miss Eros. What class are you in?" I ask, curiously.

"Thanks to you, I got into class 1-A! What about you?"

"1-A, just like you. It's a miracle we were split evenly and the two of us got into the same class. I wonder who our classmates are. I heard the son of Endeavor goes here."

"Really? That's so cool!"

"Isn't it? I'd love to meet him. This school really is amaz-" I bump face first into someone unknown. I step back, apologizing profusely, as I look up at them. It's a guy with blue hair in an undercut and rectangular glasses.

"You're going to be late to class."

"Ah, yes, I'll be going now. See you!"

I head off to class. The core classes are as any high school would be, boring, but in the afternoon, we started with our hero work. Usually, I'm not a very easy person to scare, but the teacher's stare chills me straight to the bone. It's like he has a grudge against every single one of us. But he especially has his eyes on me and the plain-faced boy. The principal must have told him about my dad, then. He takes us outside right from the get-go.  This is gonna be one hell of a year.

Mr. Aizawa challenged us to eight tests to gauge our quirks. Of course, I can't use my full power, but I wouldn't like to be expelled on the first day. I nervously mess with my bracelet, hoping I can make it through without shifting. Seeing everyone else, there's no way I can do this without using my quirk. Besides, shapeshifting is what he's looking for, right. I start by shrinking my entire body out of my clothes, then I shift into a kangaroo before anyone can see me, Finally, I simply hop out of the pile of clothes I left behind and grow into a normal size. That's the best way to shift without ripping my clothes.

I've said this before, but when I shapeshift, I take on every property of the animal, plus my own. If I were to shift into a cheetah, I'd be able to run as fast as I can, plus that of a cheetah. Likewise, if I were to turn into a sloth, my overall speed would be reduced by that of a sloth's. Sloths are pretty useless, actually, unless I'm feeling lazy. For the speed test, I turn into a cheetah. Kangaroos are my favorite animal to be, but they won't be the most helpful here. I mostly use them for combat. Kickboxing is a specialty of mine. Needless to say, I got a good score. 

Next was grip strength. I used a large coconut crab because they have the strongest grip strength. I think I freaked some people out, as well. For the standing long jump, I chose a kangaroo for obvious reasons. For the repeated sidesteps, I went back to the cheetah for speed. For the ball throw, I just used a gorilla because it's strong with opposable thumbs. Aizawa's eyes burned into the back of my neck the entire time, wherever it was, especially when I was a crab. I'm impressed he managed to find a crab's neck. It's quite chilling, as well. The best thing for me, though, is that he focused mainly on the plain-faced kid. I really need to learn names. 

The situps and seated toe touches, I return to human form for, then turn to a cheetah again for the long-distance run. After that, Aizawa shows us the results. I rank somewhere in the middle, and Eros ranks lower. I wonder what her quirk is. What impresses me are the top three. Momo Yayorozu, Shoto Todoroki, and Katsuki Bakugo. They've won this teacher's heart, so it'd be best for me to befriend them. I just want to be more than a villain's daughter in his eyes. I want him to view me as a student, not a problem child. Now, to find out who they are.

I turn the dial on my bracelet to let a bit more of my power flow in. The biggest problem is that the bracelets are pretty suffocating. Blocking my power this way makes it a bit hard to breathe, but it's a small price to pay to now mow down the school in a single movement. Plus, it always fits my outfit.

The night after, I study the names and faces of all my classmates. Glad Aizawa isn't the type to give homework on the first day. The next day, I go through my core classes, as normal, then wait for the next event. All Might is the teacher today, to everyone but my surprise, and he tells us that we're doing battle training. He shows us that we're getting into our hero costumes, the ones we designed for ourselves. This information makes me extremely flustered, mostly because there's most definitely a pervert in the class who'd love to see me basically naked. My costume is just a suit made of an extremely flexible fabric with about 750 holes in the sides for extra limbs. It's is designed to hug my body very tightly. The reason I chose such a thing is so I can shift with ease without having to strip first or tearing through my clothes, but someone is gonna in a pool of drool if I wear it like that. That'd be very problematic. I guess I have to, though, so...