Chapter 26

I'm sorry I haven't updated in soooo long 😅. Thanks for putting up with me. On with the show!

Gosalyn paced the foyer of McDuck Manor. She bit her beak nervously, a million scenarios playing in her head. Her heart pounded in her chest. "What if he was going to come here, but he was stopped by a horrifying squid monster!"

"Unlikely," Violet said, sitting on the stairs. Webby sat next to her, leaning her head in her palms.

"What if his future self came back and tried to stop him from coming back because if he did, that would somehow lead to the end of the world!" Gosalyn threw her hands up in the air, panicked.

"That's a big leap," Webby said, raising an eyebrow.

"You never know!" Gosalyn stopped pacing and started biting her nails. "Maybe he ran into that Gizmo-suck, and that's why he's late!"

"Isn't Gizmo Duck a good guy?" Violet asked. Webby waved her hand, warning her not to continue.

"Ha! In your dreams! Gizmo Duck is the worst!" Gosalyn stuck out her tongue to punctuate her point.

Webby stood up and put a hand on the red head's shoulder. "I'm sure your dad is fine. He'll be back soon."

"Right. He's tough." Gosalyn nodded, more to herself than Webby.

At that moment, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Gosalyn shouted, though she didn't really need too. She ran for the door and threw it open. There she saw Darkwing, and in a split second, she jumped on him, knocking him on the ground. "Dad!" She wrapped her arms around his neck.

He groaned and smiled back. "Hey Gos." He ruffled her hair.

Webby and Violet stood in the doorway. "Dad?" they said in unison.

"Yeah, yeah, my dad is Darkwing Duck. Whatever. I told you guys we had nothing to worry about," the spirited duckling said, glancing at her friends and waving her hand. The other girls rolled their eyes.

Webby looked to Gizmo Duck. "Did you find anything out about where Huey might be or what FOWL's doing?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Uh, sorta." Gizmo Duck rolled into the house and dissembled his suit, revealing his identity to everyone in the room. Fenton shrugged at Darwing's reaction. "Eh, pretty much everyone already knows at this point. Anyways, we found out Gandra is working for FOWL."

"Already knew that," all three girls said in unison.

Fenton turned pink. "Oh. I guess I was the only one out of the loop." He stared at the ground a little disappointed.

Darkwing closed the door behind him and Gosalyn. He took off his hat and mask. "But I also saw Katie here. Guess you were right about her Gos."

Gosalyn's heart sank. Webby shot her a look. Gos avoided eye contact. "Actually dad... I wasn't. I kinda... pushed her to go back there. We got in an argument, and I sorta ruined everything."

"We both messed up," Violet confessed. Gosalyn smiled.

Drake glanced between them. After a moment of Gosalyn dreading what he would say, he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, that's better than her returning on her own. At least there's a chance that she's still on our side." That made her feel a bit better.

"That's one way to think of it. So what took you guys so long?" She worried that she sounded scared, so she added, "Not that I was worried or anything." Her dad smirked at her. "Just curious."

Fenton talked with his hands. "Well, there was this whole egghead fight club, and they took our stuff and made us fight to-"

"Is that a black eye?" Webby raised an eyebrow at drake, who did indeed have a purplish mark around his eye.