Chapter 16

Words: 815
Edited: December 25th, 2022

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

3rd person's POV
It's the next day, Langa and Y/n were waiting for Reki when they saw him. "Morning." Langa said but Reki continued to skate past them "Reki!" Langa called and he stopped his board to look back at them. "Yeah, sorry."

"Something on your mind?"

"No. Not really."

"I know. You were building a new deck! That's why you stayed up late, right?" Langa said. Reki smirked and ruffled his friend's hair. "Right!" Y/n giggled at Langa's messy hair but she felt something was wrong with Reki.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n watched the boys playing soccer.
"Run! Run!"
"Over there! Let's go!"
"Go, Reki!"
"We're countin' on ya!"
A boy on the other team slide before Reki and kicked the ball away from him. Reki frowned.
"Man, what are you doing?"
"Whoa!" His team said when Langa jumped up and the ball bounced against his chest.
"Leave it to Langa!"
"Go for it!"
'Looking good, Langa! I'll catch up with you shortly! I will...'

Reki's mind

"Leave it to SNOW!"
"Awesome!"
"SNOW is really amazing!"

Reality

Reki watched Langa run with the ball as the background changed into a darker color.

'Huh? What's this?' He thought Langa kicked the ball and his team got a point after the ball touched the net.

Some boys surrounded Langa.
"All right!"
"Leave it to Langa!"
"You should really join the soccer team!"
"What about the baseball team?"
"Hey!"

Reki stared at them when one of his other classmates held a hand on his shoulder "Langa is so amazing."

"Yeah. He's seriously amazing." Outside of the soccer court, Y/n frowned at the sight of Langa being surrounded while Reki stood there alone.

"Y/n! Can you help us!" Her classmate asked as she tried to hold a basket filled with tennis balls "Sure!" Y/n said and walked over.

"I saw their match. Langa really is amazing at everything" she said and Y/n sighed, "Yeah."

☾ ☼ ☽

Reki and Y/n were walking past the gates of the school. "Reki! Y/n!" The two looked back to see Langa jogging over. "Why'd you head back without me?" Reki rubbed the back of his head, "Sorry" the two said and the three of them began to walk away.

"What time do you wanna meet up tonight?"
"Huh?" Y/n asked. They looked at Langa and he smiled at them "There's "S" tonight, right?"
"Oh... I have an errand to run tonight, so I can't go."

"Even at night?"

"You can go with Y/n tonight."

"Sorry. I promised Kojiro to go with him and Kaoru. But I'll meet you there, okay?" Y/n smiled up at Langa and he looked at her and then at Reki "All right."

☾ Crazy Rock ☽

"Did you hear that ADAM's coming today? There's supposedly some big news, too!"

"What news?"

"I don't know... but it's something big!"

Y/n sighed as she heard what people said "So he's coming today?"

"By the looks of it, yes," Cherry said and looks at Y/n. 

"Spill it," he said and she sighed.

"He gave me a paper with some guys that my aunts want me to meet because they want me to choose someone to marry when I get "at age","

"Man, that sucks kid," JOE said and Y/n nodded in agreement "I know. I mean. I'm 17! I can take care of my own life thank you," Cherry scoffed with a smile and JOE chuckled at her choice of words.

☾ ☼ ☽

Y/n and Cherry were skating casually when suddenly Langa skated past them. Y/n's eyes widened "That speed..."
"Dangerous speed. Dangerous speed." Carla warned.

"Langa, Langa! Langa!" JOE yelled and the boy seems to get back to reality "Oh, JOE..."

"You all right?"

"About what?" JOE stared at the boy when they all suddenly heard a helicopter. JOE, SNOW, L/n, and Cherry stopped at the top of a small hill. "So, he's here," Cherry said and Y/n walked over to Langa, standing beside him.
ADAM jumped out of the helicopter. Everyone cheered

"It's ADAM!"
"He's here!"
"I've been waiting for this!"

"I didn't" Y/n commented and Langa looked down at her when ADAM landed on the ground. Y/n huffed, "Show off"

"I have brought all of you guys some exciting news! To see mine who is the best out of all of us... A tournament!"

Everyone cheered, some even argued about who would win.

"The first in eight years," JOE whispered

"I can finally fight." Cherry said and Y/n smirked, "Let's go!"

"I can go against ADAM again," Langa said but then looked down when he remembered the promise he made for Y/n and Reki.

Y/n seems to have remembered as well and she sighed. She wants to be in the tournament as well to move up her father's name but Langa... wants to skate against ADAM.

"I have prepared an entry form. I'm sure all of you will participate as you all love skating. Of course, I'll be participating, as well. I believe..." ADAM turned his head towards Langa "...we can fight each other." Y/n cringed at the tone of his voice.

"Ugh. He disgusts me"