Chapter 7

Words: 1721
Edited: December 25th, 2022

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Y/n's POV
We were back at Dope Sketch. And Reki sat a toe clip on Langa's skateboard after his first try at holding his feet onto the board failed.

"How's this? I went with toe clips so that you can switch stances. It's the same as Y/n has," Reki said and I showed him, my board.

"Reki, this is great!" Reki smirked and pointed at himself "Call me "Mechanic Star Reki!"

I smirked "More like, "Mechanic Slime Reki!"

"Hey!" I shrugged "Just a suggestion," I said and goes back to drinking my soda.

Langa ignored what we said and looked at his board, "This is far better than the other day!"

"Yeah, that's what I said when he put does on. I said toe clips would work better but he didn't listen to me," I said and glared at Reki. He sighed and looked at Langa, "Hey, listen to me..." Reki then looked at the board "But this alone won't do. Can you win against Chinen with this board?"

"That's..."

"No way." Manager Oka said as he walked past with a box.

"You're up against a Japanese national team hopeful, right? Go bow your head down and have it canceled. I can understand if Y/n raced against him but I still think it's a dumb idea" Oka said and walked away with the box and Reki looked at Langa "Nope! We're definitely gonna win!"

"But, I'm the one skating," Langa said

"Cheeky brats like that really need to be taught a clear lesson!" Langa and I looked at each other and sighed.

☾ Next day☽

"I heard that the rookie's gonna go up!"
"Huh? That duct-tape guy?"
"If he's up against MIYA, there's no way he's gonna make it!"
"An amateur is no match against professionals"

I listened to their words as I stood beside Langa, in the hope on Reki to be done with the board sooner or later.

"Is that the snowboarding dude? He doesn't have duct tape today! More like, he doesn't have a board?"
"He forgot his board?"
"Like, seriously, no way!"
"No way!"

I glared at everyone that made comments. I looked up at Langa "He's on his way" I whispered and he nodded. MIYA clicked his tongue, "I'm so beyond disgusted that I can't laugh. Are you mocking me?"

"I didn't forget. It's being made right now," Langa answered and the boy glared at him "Huh?" He asked when we saw Reki run over to us, panting slightly. "Here it is!" Langa smiled.

"Sorry, I'm so late! This is your board! Go skate to your heart's content!" Reki said and Langa grabbed his board.

"Using that for the first time in your actual challenge? Power of friendship? How embarrassing. I decided what to wager. If I win... your friend here... will become... my dog!" He pointed at Reki.

"Dog?! And why are you pointing at me?"Reki yelled in anger and confusion.

"Your precious friend is going to become a dog because of you. In the unlikely event that I lose, I'll be a dog or cat or whatever. How's that?" MIYA looked at Langa. "That's fine," Langa said. I kept quiet while Reki looked at him in anger and yelled, "Don't say it's fine!" He grabbed the snowboarder's shirt.

"Why are you replying without asking me? You just wanna hurry up and skate, isn't it?" Reki yelled and shook Langa to oblivion.

☾ ☼ ☽