Chapter 15

Words: 1337
Edited: December 25th, 2022

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Y/n's POV
I was about to walk out of the house when I heard my brother call me. I groaned and looked at him.

"What?" I said, almost yelling. He handed me a paper, "What's this?" I asked and he sighed, "Our aunts want to fix an arranged marriage,"

"Between?"

"You and some boy,"

"Never. Tell them I'm not marrying someone that they are trying to match me with," I said while ripping the paper apart and slamming the front door in his face.

I grabbed my board and skated down the small hill to see Reki and Langa waiting for me. I put on a smile and waved at them "Morning,"

"Morning! What do you wanna do today?" Reki asked and Langa looked at us "How about the Big Wood course?" Reki smiled and I still tried to hold my smile "Sounds good!" Reki said and we skated away.

I watched Langa's every move. He was good... and just some months ago... he was close to a disaster.

"Y/n... Y/n!" I looked at Reki, "Huh?"

"Here!" He said and threw over a bottle of water. I looked down at it and threw it back at him. He stared at me, wondering if something is going on.

"I'm fine, Reki. Just thinking..." I said and got to a small hill with a handrail-formed fence on the sides. I jumped and slide down, Reki followed. Langa smiled at us and we smiled back.

Langa skated down the hill, kicked more speed into it, and skated up a piece of the wood plank. Reki and I watched with our mouths a bit open as we watched how high he got. He toughed the star that was drawn at the very top of one of the bridge's legs.

"Whoa! Pretty good!" Reki said

"So cool!" - Boy 1
"What was that?" - Boy 2
"You can jump that high on a skateboard?" - Boy 3

3rd POV
Reki crossed his arms and nodded together with an amused smile when the two boys noticed Y/n spacing out once again, "Y/n... Y/N!" Langa and Reki called her and she looked at them, "Geez, second time today, is everything really okay?" Reki asked and Y/n put on a nervous but still believable smile, "I'm fine. Don't worry."

☾ ☼ ☽

Everyone was at Crazy Rock. Y/n, Miya, Shadow, and Reki watched as Langa skated on the ramp.

"Whoa!"
"So high!"
"What's up with that?"
"Leave it to SNOW!"

Reki smirked, "Isn't that amazing?" MIYA stopped drinking and looked at him
"Why are you so proud of it, Reki?"

"Let me tell you. People aren't taking notice of you or L/n. It's your buddy." SHADOW said and Reki frowned at him. Y/n sank more in the place where she was standing.

"I know that! And what do you mean by "buddy"?" Reki said and MIYA huffed out small laughter, "Buddy"? That cracks me up!"

"And people call you "the one that's not Langa"!" SHADOW laughed and Y/n hit the stone rock behind them "Shut up!" She yelled and the three looked at her. But they soon heard the yelling from girls all around the place "Mister Cherry!"
"You're marvelous as always today!"
"Please look this way!"

"Hey, JOE!"
"You're the best!"
"You're nailin' that look again today!"

Y/n rolled her eyes at their fangirl, even if she had some herself, she thought they always were irritating, "Outta the way, scrawny boy," JOE pushed Cherry lightly away with his arm.