Prologue

Words: 847
Edited: December 25th, 2022

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Y/n's POV
"Mommy! Tell me the story again!" My 6-year-old daughter yelled and I looked at her.

"Again? You have heard it multiple times sweetheart," I said, and she pouted.

"But I wanna hear it! I wanna hear the story of you and daddy!"

I sighed, "Fine. Go to bed and I'll be there in a minute," she jumped up and down in excitement and ran to her room.

I shook my head and giggled in the process as I made my way toward her room.

Right, I'm Y/n.
Biological daughter of F/n L/n but the adoptive daughter of Aichiro Shindo.
I lost my biological father at the age of 10 and was soon adopted by the Shindo family.
But let's save the story for when I tell my daughter about it...

I sat beside the smiling girl on her bed and she lay down. "Alright... it all started one night. My father was at a tournament...

☾ The past ☽

3rd POV
Y/n L/n. A young girl, who saw her father's life be taken away after an accident at a Skateboarding tournament.

Y/n, who was 10 years old at the time skated with full speed towards the man. "Dad!" She yelled and stopped beside him to hug him tightly. "Y/n..." he whispered slowly, his voice weak. Around them were screams and people talking as some of them called the ambulance.

"Dad... Don't leave me... please..." She whispered and he held a hand on her cheek "I'm not leaving you, Y/n..." he flinched as he tried to sit up but the woman that was now helping laid him back down "Sir, an ambulance is on its way. So just lay still and it all will be okay," F/n smiled and thanked her.

Y/n looked at the young woman that now smiled at her, "Your father will be alright, dear. No more tears" she said softly and wiped Y/n's tears away.

After a short time, the ambulance arrived. "Dad!" Y/n yelled when he was taken into the ambulance. The woman held her back. "I love you, Y/n. I'll be back in no time... Be strong for me—" the doors to the ambulance closed and they drove away.

Y/n cried in the woman's chest, "It's all gonna be alright. Your father is a strong man, I know he will be okay," the small child sniffled and looks up at the woman "You promise?" She nodded as her fingers ran through Y/n's h/l h/c hair "Promise."

☾ ☼ ☽

"I'm sorry... we did all we could," the doctor told the frustrated woman, "There must be something else you can do! That man is all the poor girl has. Can't you try anything else!?" The doc shook his head and sighed in the process, "I'm sorry, miss. It's too late."

The young woman who wasn't more than 18 years old sighed and glanced over at Y/n that sat on a chair, her head low as tears ran down her puffy red cheeks. "What am I gonna do now? I can't take care of her, I'm in my last years of high school, and I can't take care of a child in the mess I'm already in."

"Maybe I can be of help." A man spoke up. Catching the attention of the doctor and the young woman. "Who are you if I may ask, sir?" She asked and the man looked at her, "I'm Aichiro Shindo. I know her father and I wish to be in charge of the girl. I have a son, so she won't be lonely,"

The 18-year-old woman looked over at the small girl and sighed "I'll talk to her"

☾ 7 years later ☽

||Y/n's POV||
I'm currently 17 years old and am currently in my second year of high school. After my adoption, it wasn't long until my adoptive father passed away, and my aunts had to take care of me and my adoptive older brother, Ainosuke Shindo.

In current times, he is sometimes visiting but only because of business or checking in on me. I don't really mind but it's sometimes irritating became I have a feeling he doesn't like me that much and just checks in on me to see if I make any trouble around the house. And my aunts... they are kind and all but they always try and change me into becoming a "pretty lady" and they're planning on finding me someone to marry when I'm "at the right age".

I've told them I fix that on my own and that my love will come naturally and not from force. None of them agreed with me and yelled at me for being "stubborn" and "ungrateful".

I don't care so much though. All I care about right now is to skate with my biological father's name so people never forget him.

That's my way... of passing down his legacy.