14

It had been a week since they had found Meredith. She was still in a coma but not in the ICU anymore, and not intubated anymore.

Addison hadn't left Merediths side for once, much to the dismay of the other interns, mainly Izzie and Christina. Alex had almost figured out that Meredith and Addison were a couple, but he wasn't 100% sure. Maybe Addison was feeling sorry for her? Maybe guilty? He didn't know, but he didn't think about it too much.

Derek was in custody, the video was enough proof for the judge to put him in jail without a big trial. 

Addison was sitting next to Merediths bed, half asleep with her head on the mattress, when she felt a little twitch in her hand. She slowly looked up, looking inside the green eyes she had missed so much. A big smile formed on the redheads face as she whispered:

"Hey baby"

"Hey... How long..."

"You were out for a week"

"Do you... drink.."

Addison immediately gave her a bottle with water with a straw and after a few sips she was done.

"Addie... how are... how are the"

"The babies? They are both just fine."

"They are?", Meredith smiled.

"They are"

"I've missed you"

"Oh Mer, you have no idea how worried i was! You didn't turn up and Mark and i were worried to death.... and Bailey and Richard... and even Alex! Izzie isn't very fond of me being in your room 24/7... Christina isn't either... You should really tell them... i think Alex is figuring it out, Callie knows..."

"What about Derek?"

"What do you remember?"

"Addie..."

"Everything?"

"Yeah..."

"We saw... we saw the video he taped. I... i threw up"

"You did? Ew"

"I could kill him."

"You shouldn't..."

"Mer, he's in jail. He wont get to you again."

"thank you "

"You are free now, Meredith, we will never hurt you, you will never get hurt again. I will do everything to protect you. I love you Meredith Grey, more than my life."

Meredith had tears in her eyes.

"Addie, i know. I love you too, so so much. Thank you"

"Nothing to thank me for honey. Ill page the others to tell them that you are awake."

"Okay. I love you"

Addison leaned over and kissed Meredith softly, before paging the others.

Richard, Bailey, Callie, Mark and the interns came in not even two minutes after Addison paged them.

Callie went over Merediths fractures before they all left the room, leaving Meredith alone with the other interns.

"Satan was with you 24/7! If you want me to throw her out... just say something", Christina said, earning a big nod from Izzie.

"Oh no, I'm very close with her... i need her guys, i just.. you will understand. Give me a little time."

"Okay. And you are really pregnant?"

"Yeah i am... guys don't be mad, I'm pretty tired..."

"Of course, sleep well Mer", Izzie said before they turned around and left the room.

With a sigh Meredith closed her eyes and drifted back into a dreamless sleep.