3

Short mentions of straight sex

Mark. He was here.

Addison made her way over to the plastic surgeon.

"Mark. What are you doing here?"
"Addison, good to see you too! You know exactly why I am here"
"Well, Bad for you, I'm not going back to you. You're here for nothing."
"Addie..."
"No Mark. We are over, in fact we were never meant to be. Please just do us all a favor and go back to New York"

Suddenly Addison heard a soft voice from behind them.

"Mark"

"Meredith"

Mark forgot all about Addison as soon as he saw her beautiful face and felt her arms around him. Her hands were gripping into his hoodie and he pulled her carefully closer.

When she left the embrace mark put his hands on her cheeks and one look inside her green eyes told him that she was again in a bad shape.

"Oh Mer"

He pressed a kiss on her forehead and pulled her back into an embrace, only to be disrupted by Dr Bailey.

"Grey! Get back to the pit!"

Meredith turned around and walked back, feeling Mark's concerned eyes in her back.

"You know her?, Addison asked.
"Yes"
"She is Dereks intern"
"Oh god"

Everything fell into place in Mark's head.
Meredith was in this dark state because of Derek.
Everything inside him churned when he tried to tell himself that Derek would never do something to Meredith like she went through her whole life.
But deep down he knew that Derek was definitely capable to do something like that. And he felt nauseous at the thought.

He was so occupied in his thoughts that he didn't realize Addison had pulled him into an empty examination room.

"I think she is still sleeping with Derek"
"Meredith would never do that. Did she know he was married?"
"No she didn't. That makes her so hard to hate"
"If she didn't know, then she is definitely not sleeping with him knowingly"
"I saw them coming out of an on call room today, Mark. They obviously had sex"

Every color drained out of Mark's face. He knew Meredith well enough to know that she would never do that willingly.

"When they still have sex then not because she wants it"
"What do you mean?"
"I'm not saying anything more. Just know, that she went through so much more than you could ever think of. She is the strongest person I've ever known. And if I ever see you treat her badly then I swear to god, I will make your life a living hell, Addison, no matter how much I love you! I should have never left her alone!"
"What happened to her?"
"I can't tell you, it's not my story to tell. Just treat her good, earn her trust and then maybe, maybe she will tell you eventually"

Mark went out of the room, leaving Addison standing there in deep thoughts.

What did happen to Meredith?

Did it have anything to do with the color of her wrist, that Addison surely identified as a bruise?

Addison went down to the pit, question over question running in her head, with no answers.

When Merediths shift ended she went down still dressed in her scrubs, seeing that mark was waiting for her.
He took the bag from her shoulder and took her hand, leading the way to his Porsche.

"Where are we going?"

"To my hotel room?"

"Okay"

The rest of the drive down to the Hotel was quiet. They didn't speak a word, questions running through Mark's head, until they were save in his room.

"What happened, Meredith? What did Derek do?"

"I thought he was the one."

"Oh Mer"

Mark put his arms around her and pulled her close to his body, not in need of further explanations. He knew her and Derek way too well.

"I need you Mark"

With that her lips were on Mark's and her hands went roaming through his hair.
His hands gripped her waist and he lead her to the huge bed, while throwing away their cloths/scrubs.

As soon as they laid down Mark was inside her, moving slowly, trying to make it as comfortable for her as possible. But soon Meredith demanded a quicker pace, and after some minutes they came loud moaning.

He laid down beside her with her head on his chest, brushing softly over her hair and down to her bruised arm.

Why did she do this to herself again? Why didn't she just go to the police?
But Mark knew why, deep down he knew that Meredith didn't know better.
Meredith did never really get out of abusive relationships herself. Her mothers boyfriends stopped abusing her when her mother broke it off with them and her ex boyfriend, Finn, broke it off with her too after almost three years, because he found a new target, a "better" one. And no matter how bad he treated her, Meredith was still devastated.

Mark let out a sad sigh and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead while listening to her soft snores.

With Mark she was save, she knew that. He would never dare to hurt her.