4

When Mark woke up Meredith wasn't beside him anymore. One look at the clock told him that it was only 5am, Meredith had to be in for rounds at 6:30.

He heard the shower running, stood up and walked inside, putting his hands around her naked waist.
Meredith leaned with her back against his naked chest, the water running down her body.

His hands ran around her body, over her breast to her clit, feeling her wetness, before pushing his throbbing erection inside her. His hands were back at her hips while he thrusted in and out of her.
Their moans were filling the room, the sweat was mixing with the water.
Her climax washed all her bad thoughts away, that kept her awake at night.
She loved sleeping with Mark, because he took away all her pain for at least a couple minutes, and she needed that.

When she wrapped herself in a towel Mark looked at her bruised body and the new cuts on her arms, deep cuts, many cuts, and his eyes began to water.
He loved her, he always had, and he didn't want to see her hurt. He always tried to protect her, but confronting Derek would just result in Derek almost killing Meredith. He knew that, he made this mistake before, and the thought of an unconscious Meredith with a broken nose, broken jaw and broken ribs after confronting Finn was still very prominent in his mind.

He went with the files to the police, but after confronting Finn she denied everything.

It wasn't the first time and not the last time he had seen her as a patient in the hospital and he never wanted to see her like that again.

Meredith got dressed into last nights scrubs and a hoodie of Mark's and they went to his Porsche and drove back to the hospital.

"Thank you for driving me"

"Don't worry, I want to talk to Webber, to give me a job here. At first I came for Addison, I have to admit that, but I'm staying for you, I'm not going to let you be alone anymore"

Meredith had tears in her eyes and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

They went in together and parted ways with a big hug in front of the locker rooms.

Merediths friends waited inside and immediately started with the questioning.

"Who was that?", Izzie asked.

"That was Dr Mark Sloan, one of the best plastic surgeons!", Alex answered with envy in his eyes.

"What were you doing with Mark Sloan?", Cristina asked

"We are friends, have been for quiet some years now, but we haven't seen each other for over a year"

"Did you catch up? Is that why you weren't at home tonight?", George asked.

"Yeah, I slept at his hotel room, we did a lot of catching up."

"Catching up. Yeah yeah" Cristina didn't believe her but Meredith didn't care. She took some new scrubs and went to the toilet to change, not wanting her friends to see her bruises and cuts. Her friends didn't ask questions anymore, it was always like this.

Addison felt jealousy. Pure, plain, jealousy.
When Mark and Meredith came in together, she immediately saw Mark's favorite hoodie, the one no one else was allowed to wear, on Meredith. And when Mark pulled her into his strong arms she just wanted to tear him away from her.
But still, she was far from admitting her feelings for Meredith to herself.

Meredith was on her service today. The first thing Addison saw was that there was something else then emptiness in Merediths eyes. There was a little happiness and hope.
Addisons heart jumped when she saw it.

Merediths presence took Addisons thoughts away from Derek, who would be going away for three weeks the next day. He had a case in San Francisco and the patient had requested him, and because he was too unstable Derek would fly to him. Addison was relieved but also pissed, that Derek ran away again.

Her thoughts did go pretty fast back to Derek, when she saw him coming out of an on call room with sex hair. As soon as he was gone she went to the room and listened on the door, hearing someone cry.
Meredith. She would always recognize her voice. And just then Mark's words came back in her mind. "It wouldn't be because she wants to".
Was Derek doing things to the blonde?
No right? He wouldn't. He couldn't.
She knew him too well to believe that.

But why was the intern crying?

Just as her hand brushed the door handle her pager went off together with Merediths.

Meredith was devastated. The night with Mark was so good and she actually had almost good mood for once, and then Derek came, pulled her into an on call room and forced her to pull down her scrubs. After he forced himself on her and was gone she just sat on the bed, crying.
Why her? Why always her?

Just as she thought she heard something outside the door and was panicking that Derek would come back her pager went off.
She wiped her face from the tears and went back to the maternity ward.

They had to scrub in pretty fast, because the baby's heartbeat of their patient had dropped drastically.
They went in and Addison could only focus on Meredith. Or the way Meredith jumped in fear when she just brushed the interns hand.
It was good that Addison knew how to do an c section in her sleep.

Her concern for the blonde grew when she saw the tear strains on her cheeks and her blood shot eyes.

Meredith scrubbed out in record time. She didn't want a confrontation with Dereks wife and her shift had ended. She just wanted to be alone, so she quickly changed in the empty on call room and went home.

Izzie and George were waiting at home and Meredith just shot them a small smile and went upstairs, were she changed out of mark's hoodie and went to the bathroom. She locked herself in and took a bath.
Her eyes went to the cabinet were she had a suture kit. She took it out, it was reachable from the bathtub, and took out the scalpel. It didn't take her long to have some new cuts on both arms. She didn't even care that her bath water was already scarlet red, when she went over to her thighs. She had heard that Derek wouldn't be at Seattle for the next couple weeks, so she could find release on her thighs again.

Meredith leaned back when she started to feel pretty dizzy.
After a good couple of minutes the dizziness went by and after an hour the water went cold.

She stood up, washing her body before she started washing the bathtub from her blood.

After brushing her teeth she went to bed, not wanting to think about anything else. She popped in a sleeping pill and went to sleep very soon.