11

"Okay you guys are freaking me out! What is wrong?"

"Mark, I'm pregnant"

"You are what?? I am so going to kill Shepherd!"

"Mark, it isn't Dereks. It's yours!"

Mark immediately stopped his frantic pacing and froze on the spot.

"And Mark, it's twins. Boy and girl"

"Oh my god"

Mark sank down on his bed, his hands roaming through his hair.

"You know me, I'll never be a good father, I can't handle kids. I can't be a dad! I'm just not... it's not me!"

"Mark, calm down I'm not asking you to be a dad."

"Meredith... I will be a dad if you need me, but I'm really not sure if I'm any good at that"

"I know, Mark. And if you don't want to be a dad you can write over all your rights to Addie, and be the kids fun uncle!"

"You would be okay with that?"

Mark looked up at the two women in front of him.

"Of course! I knew you would freak out. So, think about it, if you don't feel fit enough to be the dad you will just be the fun uncle who does all the fun stuff with the kids and let us be the parents. And when they are old enough and want to know who their dad is we will tell them together. I don't want it to be a secret for them who their father is once they're old enough to understand it.
But whatever you will choose Addison will be a mother to those twins and she will be adopting them either way"

"Thank you, Meredith. Thank you so much for understanding me and knowing me. I'm in on that. I will give my rights over to Addison immediately.
And thank you for still letting me be in those twins life's. I think the role of fun uncle and bodyguard suits me the best."

The women let out a chuckle before Addison said:
"Mark, I know this is what you want too. But still, think about it just a month longer, okay? If you just write me over the rights just now, you could regret it after you had some time to think."

"I am sure, but I will do like you said, Addison. Either way I will not make any decisions without you guys. I love you both and even tho I don't want to be a daddy I still want what's best for you and the baby's. I do love them too, you know that. But I'm just not capable of being a responsible father, but I am more then capable at being the uncle who takes care of them to give their parents a little free time. I'm more then capable at being the fun uncle who allows the kids way more then the parents, and this point already will make me a horrible father. I'll be the one to protect the little girl with all my heart and punch out all the guys who want her and I'll be the one to teach the boy football and baseball.
But I'm not capable to be the one that changes diapers, is around 24/7 and passes on good behavior, because let's face it, I'm a kid myself"

The women had to agree on that. Mark was definitely sometimes a little child himself, despite being almost forty years old.

After a couple hours of talking and much laughing Meredith went home alone.
Addison was called in and Mark had to sleep, he had to get up more than early in the next morning.

As soon as Addison got a cab to the hospital Meredith made her way to her car, lost in her thoughts.

She didn't realize  when a figure came up behind her and before she could let out a scream everything went black.

Is it bad that I can drink Tequila like water?