6

Aaaaand... I'm drunk again! (Hell no i think I've got a problem... but heyyy the semester is over!!!!!!)

It had been three weeks since Addison kind of admitted her feelings for Meredith to Mark.

Said man wasn't in Seattle anymore, he was back in New York to cut his ties there.

It seemed to be a quiet day, the board was quiet and everybody was anxious because of it.

Addison didn't really believe in this kind of omen when Bailey came in in Labour.

That was until she was in the elevator and every pager went off, signaling a code black.

Nobody knew what it meant so she went to ask the chief who she saw in the hallway. His disturbed face gave her chilly feelings on her skin.

"Chief, what is a code black?"

A little crowd formed itself around them, a crowd of people who also wanted to know what this was about.

"There is a bomb inside a body cavity inside an OR. A paramedic has her hand inside it right now.
No OR can be occupied right now, if you have critical patients let them be taken to Mercy West."

And that was how that horrible day started for Addison.

But if she thought it couldn't get worse she had no idea.

Bailey refused to give birth without her husband.
Addison had no concerns about that, as her husband was on his way and Bailey was only 7 cm dilated. They had at least half an hour left.

The day took it's first turn to even worse when George came looking for Addison, telling her that Tucker, Baileys husband was in an accident and was down in the OR.

Now it couldn't get any worse right?

Wrong

Waiting for Bailey to be fully dilated Addison sat down on a gurney in the hallway next to George.

"How is the girl with the bomb?"

"Meredith?"

Meredith? Why Meredith?

"No, the paramedic"

"She ran away, no one has seen her. Meredith took her place. Meredith is the girl with the bomb"

Addisons face lost all it's color. Meredith was the girl with the bomb?
Her breath fastened and her knuckles went white.
George looked at her distraught. Why was she freaking out about Meredith? He couldn't understand. Shouldn't she be almost glad about it?

But Addison was everything but glad. She had just admitted to herself that she liked Meredith more then she should and now she could die?!

The nurse from Baileys room shouted something.
Addison just felt George's hand on her arm, pulling her with him to Baileys room.

She heard George telling Bailey about her husband but Addison couldn't care less. Meredith was down there!

She felt like falling through clouds.
She realized that George talked Bailey into giving birth and she helped her numbly, her hands moving without her brain, doing the one thing she knew even better than c sections.

She didn't even hear the cries of baby Tuck.

As soon as the afterbirth was out Addison ran down to the ground floor, awaiting the elevator and Meredith in it.

Five minutes after she got there they heard the bomb going off. The floor trembled and Addison felt her world shatter around her.
She couldn't feel. She couldn't hear.
Every sense of her body was turned towards the elevator.