❝ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ❞

_______________

for all the things that you never ever told me, and all
the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me, never coming home
_______________

The trial was a blur for (Y/N). It all happened so quickly. She was asked to testify a couple times -  which was absolutely terrifying. The whole time, Daniel wouldn't take his eyes off her. There wasn't even a hint of anger, as she spoke. No, just pure devotion in his gaze. It was confusing and unnverving and it caused a lot of grief for her.

During one of the days of the trial, she was asked about her time spent in Daniel's home. That was one of the most emotional parts for her. Thinking about all the stress, but more than that, the emptiness she slipped into... it was beyond scary.

"On the s-second day... I don't - I don't even really remember what I said... but he locked me in his closet for... for four days... no food, no water, just me, and my thoughts. It was awful... And when he let me out - he pretended like everything was fine. He - He kept saying he loved me. He said it over, and over, and over." She felt a tear slip down her face. And once one fell, several more followed. "But how that could be true?" She asked. "He - He ruined my life... how could he love me?"

"Thank you, Ms. (L/N)," the lawyer spoke.

As she left the witness stand, the judge handed her a tissue. She gave a quiet "thanks" and went back to her seat next to Cho-Hee.

It still amazed her that her friend was alive. She didn't think anyone could survive having their throat cut like that, but she was so incredibly thankful that Cho-Hee did. It was terrible for both of them, being without Eliza. It was terrible, but at least they had each other.

She remembered her dream with Eliza. She had said, "Remember, you're not as alone as you think." (Y/N) was so relieved that it was true.

She was free. She was free, and she wasn't alone.

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

Two years later, (Y/N) was at one of her book signings. At long last, she had finished her book, The Hollow Inside Us, and it was quite the success. She never imagined she'd get this much support, but she was so thankful to all her fans.

Cho-Hee sat beside her, as fans came and went, with books to be signed. The two were closer than ever before, and though there was a hole in her heart that Eliza once occupied, she was really and truly moving on, with the help of Cho-Hee, and her therapist, Payton.

The lines were pretty long, and looking at it, it seemed this book signing would last all day. But she didn't mind; she loved getting to interact with her fans. They were what made it all worth it.

But she was about to regret ever coming here.

The next person came up, and as he spoke, (Y/N) was trying to remember where she knew him from. "Hi, I'm your biggest fan."

When he handed her the book to sign, she caught a glimpse of his eyes. They were a deep, dark blue. One that she would never forget.

"D-Daniel..."

He smiled. "I told you I'd never let you go, darling."