❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ ❞

_______________

i just wanna get groceries,
i pray you wanna get
close to me...
_______________

(Y/N) was speechless for a few moments. Daniel's well-toned form wasn't something she had expected to see when she opened the door - though thinking about it, she should have. She was distracted from this, however, by the large scar on his back. But before she could think about it for too long, Daniel turned around.

"Hey, hope you don't mind me looking at your pictures," Daniel said, smiling softly.

"U-Uh y-yeah!" (Y/N) stammered, averting her gaze. "It's totally f-f-fine!"

"Hey, what's---" Eliza stopped, just as she entered the doorway. "Oh, my bad! Carry on!" She quickly walked out of the room, and down the hall, chuckling to herself.

"No, it's not---" (Y/N) called out after her, but she was unable to continue. Her face reddened.

"Oh, sorry," Daniel said, seeming to notice her flustered state. He hurriedly put the shirt she gave him on.

"N-No, it's fine... I knocked, but I guess you didn't---"

"Sorry, I didn't hear you," he gave an apologetic grin.

(Y/N) nodded, her blush still present, though fading.

"Well, I should probably get going," Daniel said. When (Y/N) nodded, he began walking towards the door. Just as he was about to pass by her, he stopped, and leaned over, planting a quick kiss on her cheek.

(Y/N) nodded, a shy smile on her face. "See you later."

"See you later," Daniel confirmed, with a smile, before walking out the door.

Just as she heard the front door of their apartment close, Eliza stepped into the room, grinning widely at her roommate. "So...?" She said. "How was your date~?"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at her best friend's antics, but she couldn't wipe the smile off her own face. "It was really good," she answered. "We watched the John Mulaney special on Netflix, and then we made spaghetti. And then we ate, and I ended up spilling wine everywhere." She shook her head. "But it was good! Time really flew by."

"Oh... so that's what I walked in on..." Eliza said, nodding to herself. "I thought y'all were getting ready to have sex or something."

"No---"

"I mean, if you were, good for you," Eliza shrugged. "Maybe it'd clear up some of that writer's block you have."

"Eliza!" (Y/N) hissed, her face reddening once more.

"What?"

"I--- You--- I --- You're impossible, you know that?"

Eliza grinned, but didn't otherwise comment.

(Y/N) shook her head. "Enough about me and Daniel," she said. "How was your date?" She took a seat on her bed, and patted the spot next to her, gesturing for her friend to sit beside her.

Eliza grinned, and took a seat on the bed. "It was great," she answered. "I got Cho-Hee those flowers you helped me pick out, and she really liked them! We went to the movies, and then to that Mexican restaurant - the one on the corner of Fifth and Main, the one that has those amazing enchiladas, y'know?" When (Y/N) nodded, she continued. "And then we fucked in the bathroom."

(Y/N) choked on her spit.

"What?" Eliza asked innocently.

"I... was just not expecting you to say that," (Y/N) shook her head. "Y'know, most people prefer to keep stuff like that between them."

"Huh, I guess you're right."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "You're such a dork."

"But you love me~"

"Do I?"

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

(Y/N) took a sip from her (favorite drink), before setting the now empty cup on the table. "So, what store do you wanna go to first?"

She was currently hanging out at the mall with Daniel. They went to the food court first, as they both were pretty hungry, and (Y/N) had a craving in particular for one of the restaurants' pizza. Daniel had been mildly skeptical at first - he didn't expect mall pizza to be any good - but once he tried it, he seemed to really enjoy it. And now that they had both finished eating, they were ready to start shopping.

Daniel shrugged. "I'm good for whatever," he answered. "Did you have anywhere in particular you wanted to go?"

(Y/N) thought about it for a moment. "I could use some new sweaters. It's been getting colder, so I should probably go ahead and get some," she said. "So somewhere with good sweaters."

Daniel nodded. "Let's look around."

So they got up, threw their trash away, and began walking around the mall. As they passed an obviously more expensive store, (Y/N) turned to Daniel with a grin. "Imagine just going in there, and, like, saying 'hi, yes, i would like to buy everything in your store' like can you imagine?" She laughed. "I bet the look on the cashier's face would be priceless."

Daniel chuckled, and they continued walking, until they found a cute clothing shop called Hypatia's. He turned to her, and asked, "how 'bout here?"

(Y/N) nodded. "Yeah," she said, with a smile. "Let's do it."

They stepped inside, and looked around. (Y/N) picked out a couple things, humming to herself. Daniel, for the most part, just looked around. As she looked around, (Y/N) noticed a black turtleneck on one of the racks. She picked it up, and turned to Daniel. "I bet this would look great on you." She grinned.

"You think so?" Daniel said, holding it up against himself.

(Y/N) nodded. "Definitely!" She said. "Go try it on!"

Daniel smiled softly. "Okay, but you have to try on this," he replied, and pulled out a maroon sweater-dress.

She shrugged. "Alright," she said. "Deal."

They walked to the dressing rooms at the back of the store. After she closed and locked the door, (Y/N) began changing into the warm dress. She looked in the mirror, and smiled. It was the right size and everything, and though not too revealing, it accentuated her figure quite nicely. The maroon color went well against her (skin tone) skin, and overall, it looked pretty nice. It was very warm, too, so it'd be good for the colder months.

She stepped outside the changing room, and saw Daniel sitting on one of the chairs, already wearing the turtleneck she picked out for him.

(Y/N) smiled. "You look like a mysterious poet in that shirt," she commented.

Daniel looked up, and his cheeks reddened slightly. "You... look really good in that dress," he said, avoiding eye contact.

(Y/N) smiled, and gave a little twirl. "Yeah, I like it," she said. "I'm definitely buying it." She hadn't been looking for this outfit specifically, but she was very happy with it. And with some tights, she figured her legs wouldn't get too cold. "What about you?" she asked, gesturing to his shirt. "Are you gonna buy it?"

Daniel glanced down at the turtleneck, before looking back up at her. "What do you think?"

(Y/N) grinned. "I think you should get it! It looks good on you."

He nodded. "Okay," Daniel said, smiling softly. "Do you wanna try on the other outfits?"

"Yeah!" (Y/N) answered. "I'll do that real quick."

"I'll wait out here."