❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ ❞

_______________

my sweet love, won't you
pull me through? everywhere
i look i catch a glimpse of you
_______________

Light slowly flooded (Y/N)'s vision, and she blinked, waiting for her eyes to adjust. When they did, she saw Daniel standing in front of the closet door, dark blue eyes full of concern.

He knelt down in front of her, and pulled her into his arms. "I've missed you," he whispered.

She felt far too weak to fight back. She had been in there for what felt like forever, and she honestly didn't expect to ever leave. This whole experience was so disorienting. She still felt so numb, and she couldn't seem to process anything that was happening.

Daniel pulled away, and she watched as he examined her face for a few moments. He put on a smile that seemed strangely forced, and said, "Let's get you something to eat, yeah?"

(Y/N) was too out of it to give a verbal response, but when he stood up, she followed suit - and stumbled a bit, as she grew incredibly dizzy. Daniel caught her by her waist, and frowned.

She distantly wondered why he seemed so worried. Wasn't this what he wanted? He was the one who put her in there.

Daniel carefully picked her up, and began carrying her to the kitchen. (Y/N) had the vague feeling that she should be fighting this, should be fighting him... but she simply didn't have it in her. She stopped caring.

Still, she was curious about one thing. "How long...?" she mumbled, her voice hoarse from all the crying, screaming, and dehydration.

"What?" Daniel asked, but it seemed like he was less confused and more so nervous about answering her question.

"How long was I in there?"

"...Four days."

It made sense. Four days with no food or water or even just someone to talk to would make her feel this way. But she was still a little surprised. (Y/N) seemed to recall him telling her he'd never hurt her. Yet, here he was, putting her physical and mental health at risk. Granted, the guilt in his voice was evident, but it was his own fault. He put her in there. He kept it locked. And he left her there for four days. But she was too tired and empty to even find it within herself to be upset. So, she simply nodded, and allowed herself to be carried to the kitchen.

Daniel set her down on the marble counter. "What do you feel like eating?" he asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes. "I'll make you anything you want."

But (Y/N) merely shrugged, as she stared off into space.

"O-Okay... Oh, I know! I'll make you some spaghetti! You'll like that, won't you?"

She didn't answer.

"(Y/N)... I'm sorry. I know being in there must've been hard for you, but it's over now! You can talk to me!" He sounded so desperate... But she didn't really care. Not about him, not about anything.

She just wanted to sleep.

It was kinda funny, in a way. The only thing she could do in the closet was sleep. And now that she was out, that's all she wanted to do. At first, she thought she'd want to do everything. But she had very little interest in doing anything.

"...Do you want some water?" Daniel asked in a shaky voice.

After a moment of consideration, she nodded silently. Daniel seemed beyond relieved, and he quickly rushed to make her a glass of ice water. He handed it to her, and with a nervous smile, he said, "Don't drink it too fast; you'll get sick."

(Y/N) forced herself to take slow gulps, even as her body cried out for more, after being denied for so long. After a few sips, she set the cup down.

Daniel's gaze remained fixed on her, as if scared that she'd disappear the moment he looked away. After many moment of quiet, he spoke. "I love you..." he mumbled. "I love you so much. You know that, don't you?"

Though she felt that intense emptiness linger, there was still a very real fear that, if she said no, he'd put her back in the closet. So she nodded slowly.

Not seeming to notice her fear, Daniel smiled. "Good," he said, and pressed his lips against her forehead softly. (Y/N) didn't recoil, or even make a face in disgust, anger, or fear. She just sat there, and let it happen. Like a doll.

She really was going to hell.

♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

Daniel couldn't help but frown, as he watched (Y/N) stare off into space. He knew this would be hard on her, and in hindsight, locking her in the closet hadn't been his best idea - but he never expected her to act like this.

He almost missed her screaming at him. Even seeing her cry would be preferable to this. She was like a zombie. Before, she had so much light in her beautiful, (E/C) eyes. She was full of emotion, full of passion.

Now there was nothing.

He hated it. This wasn't her. This wasn't the girl he fell in love with. He finally had her all to himself, only to be left with a shell of who she used to be. He felt cheated, in  way. They were so happy together... and then that bitch Eliza had to go and fuck it all up. It's her own fault she and her little girlfriend died. They got in the way.

His gaze darkened, but (Y/N) didn't seem to notice. She was so out of it... and it was all Eliza's fault. He never would've had to put his darling (Y/N) through this, if it weren't for her.

She got what she deserved. Poor (Y/N) was just confused. She'd be okay again as soon as she realized it was all for the best. She'd be happy again! They'd be happy together! Forever and ever!

"(Y/N)... do you love me now?" He knew she was having a hard time right now, but he was sure if she said no this time, she'd say yes soon.

But she didn't answer. It was as if she didn't hear him. As if... as if she wasn't even really there.

Daniel frowned. "(Y/N), baby? Did you hear me?"

Again, no response.

With a sigh, he nodded. "You're probably just tired," he said, more to himself than to her. "Let's get you to bed. I bet you'll like sleeping in a real bed again."

He carried her off to bed, his heart heavy and the girl in his arms lighter than ever. He laid down beside her and wrapped her up in his arms.

'She'll love me soon,' he silently assured himself. 'And then everything will be perfect again.'