❝ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ ❞

_______________

you've been on my mind,
girl, like a drug...
______________

(E/C) eyes flickered between Daniel and Cho-Hee, as (Y/N) waited for an explanation. But it seemed like the pair was at a loss for words. She watched, as the two stared at each other.

"You know (Y/N)...?" Both Cho-Hee and Daniel asked.

He nodded. "Yeah... we're dating."

"I'm Eliza's girlfriend," Cho-Hee replied.

"How do you guys know each other?" Eliza asked, seeming just as confused as (Y/N).

Finally, Cho-Hee tore her gaze away from Daniel, and turned to her friend and girlfriend. "We, uh... Well..." She seemed quite uncomfortable, as if she wasn't sure how to say it, or if she even wanted to.

"I was walking around my neighborhood, when I heard these, like, muffled screams..." Daniel started.

"Yeah, uh, I was - it was the day I was getting a-attacked... and he---"

"I came, and... helped her get away."

It was then that (Y/N) remembered a crucial part of an earlier conversation.

"This guy came up behind him... And he killed him."

"You..." she said, turning to Daniel. "You're the one that killed him." It wasn't phrased as a question, but as something she knew. Because she did know. It was the only thing that made sense.

Daniel hesitantly nodded.

(Y/N) wasn't really afraid of him now. It was definitely justified. She was sure she would've done the same thing, if it had been her in that situation, instead of him. But there was this odd feeling in her chest. And she couldn't quite figure out what it was, or why it was there. It made her uneasy.

Cho-Hee finally spoke, tears brimming her brown eyes. "Thank you... I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't shown up."

Eliza nodded. "Yeah, I... I can't thank you enough." She wrapped her arm around Cho-Hee, and kissed her forehead.

Daniel smiled. "I'm just glad you're okay," he said.

(Y/N) turned to him, smiling softly. "So, do you want something to drink?" she asked.

"Yeah, some water would be great, thanks," he answered, with a nod. He followed her into the kitchen, and leaned against the counter, as she poured some water into a glass. When she handed him the cup, he took a long sip ftom it, befpre he set it down next to him.

(Y/N)'s mind was going a million miles an hour, with question after question leaving her unsure of what to say. But after a moment, she finally asked, "Was it hard?" Realizing that her question was unclear, she clarified. "Killing him, I mean. Was it hard?"

If Daniel was surprised by her question, he didn't show it. "No," he answered. "It was for defense. If I hadn't done something, she would've been hurt or killed."

"Yeah, but... do you feel guilty?"

"No," he said. "Should I?"

"No, no, definitely not. At least... I don't think so," (Y/N) replied quickly. "It's just... I don't know. It's a lot to process, is all. I never imagined you doing something like that."

Daniel sighed. "Yeah, me neither."

(Y/N) nodded. "I'm glad you were there," she said, smiling softly. "And that you're okay, too. Because you - you're really important to me..."

He smiled, and leaned down to kiss the side of her forehead gently. "You're really important to me, too."

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something?" (Y/N) asked. "Since we didn't get to see the rest of that other one."

Daniel nodded. "That sounds great," he answered, with a smile.

"Perfect."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Eliza and Cho-Hee had retreated to their bedroom, leaving Daniel alone with a sleeping (Y/N). He turned down the volume on the TV, and glanced down at the girl cuddled up against him. She was so effortlessly beautiful, even while she was sleeping.

'I should go home...' he thought hesitantly. But when he made a move to get up, (Y/N) only snuggled further into his side.

'I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay,' Daniel convinced himself. 'I mean, she seems pretty comfortable. And she's so cute when she's sleeping.'

'Besides...' He subconsciously began playing with her (H/C) locks. 'Her place is closer to work than mine.'

He smiled down at (Y/N). Never in his whole life had he felt as content as he did now. And it was all thanks to her. She brightened each and every one of his days just by being in his life. Her smile made his heart grow warm in his chest. Her laugh put him on cloud nine. And feeling her rest against him, knowing that she felt safe enough to sleep next to him... it was like nothing he had ever felt before.

"I think I love you..." Daniel mumbled. "Do you love me?" His mind went through each and every one of their interactions. Every touch, every smile, every word. Every single moment.

"I've really enjoyed this date so far..."

"You're a really great guy. I wouldn't have agreed to another date if I didn't think that..."

"I think it's really cool that you're doing something like that..."

"I think you should get the shirt. It looks good on you..."

"You're really important to me..."

He smiled. "You do love me..." He kissed her forehead gently, and she stirred, but remained asleep. "And I'll make sure you never stop."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

When (Y/N) woke up, the first thing she noticed was the ache in her neck. As she opened her eyes, she realized she had fallen asleep on the couch. She groaned softly, and sat up.

She noticed a sweet smell in the air. She stood up, stretched, and walked into the kitchen, and saw Daniel at the stove.

She watched him for a moment, a small smile coming onto her face. It was nice, seeing him so in his element. He always seemed most comfortable in the kitchen. After a couple seconds, she cleared her throat.

Daniel turned around, with a grin. "Hey, babe, how'd you sleep?"

"I slept great," (Y/N) answered. "My neck kinda hurts, though."

He nodded. "Yeah, same here."

"Sorry I fell asleep on you, by the way," she said. "But you should know, you're very comfortable."

"Well, thank you," Daniel chuckled softly. He turned back to the stove, and seemed to mess with it for moment. "I made french toast - I hope that's okay. I just wanted to make you breakfast."

(Y/N) smiled. "Sounds delicious!"

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ♡ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

NEW AUTHOR'S NOTE:

ok i'm AWARE the transition when they find out is not smooth at all but 1) it's supposed to be awkward, because (y/n) feels awkward and doesn't know what to say. the whole thing would be triggering for her given her past so that's why i chose to have her change the subject. 2) the reason they're not all that concerned is because this person was attempting to rape and kill cho-hee. in this case his actions are actually justified, and if he hadn't stepped in, cho-hee would be extremely traumatized or dead. i understand i could've written this better but y'all please. understand the context.