The truth about the cake

-Tristan's POV-

"I guess you will someday, but for now, just for defence. You will be the future demon king after all." Father said. Then I let go of him and asked "But just because you are demon king, you don't have to kill, right?"

"Um, I'm not sure. I'm the second demon king and have killed, my dad did it too, but that was because it was war I guess and to keep everyone in control." Father said. I looked down on my feet in silence.

Father broke it by saying "But you will be used to it when it comes for real."

My eyes widened slightly as I felt my worry of it grow. I don't want to kill anything or anyone.

"F-father?" I asked and looked up at him. He looked at me and waited for me to continue.

"W-will aunt Merlin and the other's be okay? And mother?" I asked. He looked away as he said "Tristan, they really are bad influencers for you."

"But I miss them." I said and looked at my feet again.

"Um, if you practice every day and do your best with the sword, you can go and meet them whenever you want." Father said. I smiled and hugged him again.

"Thank you father!" I said with a smile. He rubbed my back and then I let go, looking at him. Looking down on my feet, I said "I'm sorry I said I hate you. I-I didn't mean it."

"It's okay. You must be so hungry by now. Do you want to eat something?" Father asked. I nodded and father stood up. Then I stood up too and we started walking towards the dinner room.

"Did that butler tell you thank you for the cake before from me?" I asked. Father looked at me and said "No? What cake?"

"I-it was a chocolate cake with strawberries." I said, he just said "I haven't told anyone to do it."

"But he said you gave me it." I said, then he asked "Which butler was it? I don't remember any butler working in the kitchen at all."

"Um, he had black hair, I think. Demon mark and the butler uniform." I said. Then I added "And very short."

"That's not a butler. That's your uncle Zeldoris. He have helped out his girlfriend in the kitchen a while now... but I told him not to, I'm gonna talk to him because of that." Father said.

"Is he in trouble?" I asked. Father looked at me with a small smile and said "Yes, yes he is."

"Please forget I said anything then. I don't want him to get in trouble." I said. Father smiled and said "It's okay. It isn't your fault. He is only working when I don't see it, so he would be in trouble anyway."

"B-but he is just helping." I said.

"I know that and that is what he shouldn NOT be doing. I have told him that thousands of times." He said, making me ask "What's so bad with him helping?"

"He have other things to do. More important." He said as we arrived in the dinner room. Dad went to the kitchen as the butler that gave me the cake before come over.

"Thank you for the cake uncle Zeldoris!" I thanked. His eyes widened slightly as he asked "H-How did you know that?"

"Father told me. He said you was in trouble." I said. Then he said "I was never here, okay?"

"Okay." I said as he ran away while father come back. He had a plate of food and put it down in front of me, already sliced in pieces.

"Thank you." I thanked. He smiled and sat down in a chair beside me. He rubbed my back a bit while I ate. Then he asked "Did you see Zeldoris anywhere?"

"No." I answered, but then looked at father. He looked confused and asked "Is something wrong?"

"Why are mother in a cell?" I asked. Father just said "She isn't someone to rely on. She is a brainwashing goddess. All she does is lie to people and brainwash them."

"Really?" I asked, a bit disappointed. He nodded, but it made me confused. Why did he fell in love with her then?

"But why did you fall in love with mother then?" I asked as I turned to father completely. He just picked up my fork and fed me while saying "I never did fall in love with her. She brainwashed me and I can't remember anything of the time I was with her and the 'sins', that's why I didn't know I had you."

I just nodded in understanding as I started getting sleepy. Rubbing my eyes, I heard father say "You should go to bed now. It's getting late."

With a nod, I jumped off the chair and turned to the door. Father took a hold of my hand as we walked towards my room, me getting more tired every step.

As we had walked half way, I couldn't walk anymore of the tiredness. Father stopped and looked at me as I felt like I was going to pass out any time now.

Then he picked me up and rubbed my back a bit. I put my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

-Meliodas POV-

I carried Tristan the rest of the way to his room. As I tucked him in bed, I gave him a soft kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room.

Zeldoris, you and me need to have a serious talk...