Chapter 30

Rj's POV
I wanted to see raven today so I went by her place and see how she was doing. I rang the door bell a couple of times. No answer. I rang it a few more times and raven opened the door with a big jacket on and some skinny jeans. Her hair was all over her face like she haven't seen a brush or comb in her life. "Damn raven wassup with you? Is it that time of the month? I coulda brought you some food or sum sum if you hungry. You got cramps? Why you-" "Rj you can't be here!" She said "what you mean?" I asked her confused "like you just can't be here. At my house, my store basically anywhere around me. We can't talk anymore. just please go." She said " raven did I do something. If I did I'm sor-" "just please leave" she sighed. "Baby who's at the door?" Someone asked. Hold up she gotta nigga? Already? Like damn I thought we was working on us. "Nobody." She said "nah who tf there" the person said opening the door all the way to see me. It was Jerome. "What the fuck! Raven why you with this nigga?! Hell nah I'm have to beat yo ass again mayne this ain't gon work" I said stepping towards them. "Raven what did I tell you!" Jerome said "I..I'm..I'm so..sorry" she managed to say her voice low and soft. "Aye nigga don't be yelling at her like dat! Who tf you think you is?" I said getting angry. Ion know who this nigga think he is yelling at my girl like that but he got me fucked up. "Aye nigga chill. She don't want you get it through ya head. She made ha decision aint that right baby?" Jerome said kissing her cheek.

Ravens POV
"She made ha decision ain't that right baby? Jerome said kissing my cheek. 'No you made my decision' is what i really wanted to say but I know Jerome wouldn't take that well. He would just beat me like he usually does. Everything I do he thinks is wrong so he continues to beat me. I can't even look at myself anymore. But I guess love makes you do crazy things and love is the only reason why I'm with Jerome. I love Rj so much I can't let him die, I don't want him to die. I wanna protect him like he did for me when Jerome hit me for the first time. "Yeah" I said looking down. "Damn raven so it's like that? You really chose this nigga?" Rj asked looking hurt. "I'm sorry." I said in a raspy voice feeling the tears forming. Ive been loosing my voice because of constantly screaming for my life when Jerome hits me. "Shit it's coo. You do you ma. I care fo ya" Rj said before walking to his car and speeding away. I ran into the house crying. I can't believe I really let him go because of Jerome's crazy ass.

3 days later

Today my brother keenon is having a huge cookout celebrating the release of his new album 'Blame it on the streets' and there's no doubt Rj's gonna be there. I know it's hot asf because it's summer but I have to cover all my marks and make up isn't gonna do all that. I wore some dark blue skinny jeans a black crop top, my timbs and my hair straight. The only reason Jerome is letting me go is because if I didn't my parents would ask a thousand questions. "You ready baby?" Jerome asked me while kissing my lips. I nodded my head. "Bitch answer me when I'm speaking to you!" Jerome yelled "yes" I said. "Good" he said then grabbed my hand as we walked out the door and drove to the the park where the Cookout was being held.

There are tons of rappers here like snoop dogg, the game, Kendrick Lamar and more. Im not surprised to see snoop dogg because him and my father go way back. He's kinda like an uncle to me I guess. "Hey daddy" I said running to give him a big hug. People say it's childish to call my dad daddy when I'm 22 but Idgaf that's my daddy and always will be. "Hey princess! How you doing" he said hugging me and kissing my cheek. It hurt because it was the same cheek Jerome always slaps me on but I didn't show it. "I'm good thank you. Where's mama and keenon? Is teyana here?" I asked "yeah, ya fine ass mama over here working that grill, keenon over there with them rapping niggas and teyana over there with ya friends" he said pointing to all of them. "Okay thanks pops" I said. I went to talk to my mama then went to congratulate keenon.

After talking to keenon I went to talk to my sister and my bestfriends. "Hey y'all!" I said hugging each of them. "Hey ray" they all said "haven't seen yo ass in a minute whatchu been up to sis." Teyana asked me. 'Getting my ass beat' Is what I wanted to say. "Nothin much just chilling ya know? Taking everything slow." I said. "Where's day-day?" I asked referring to Daquan my 8 year old nephew. "He's somewhere over there with raine " jayla said. "Raines here? Really where?" I asked looking around. I haven't seen that girl in like 5 years. She should be about 13 now. "Yeah, and I thought you would know since you been talking to Rj." Jayla said "what? Really?" Teyana asked shocked and so did rhyon and jayda. "Y'all got back together and didn't tell me?" Rhyon asked "yeah I thought we was all bestfriends?" Jayda said with her hand over her chest pretending to be hurt. "Nah we're not talkin anymore" I said looking down. "What happened this time? Who's ass I gotta beat?" Jayla asked crackin her knuckles. "Nobody's and don't worry bout it I'll tell y'all letter." I said "mmhm better" teyana said lifting an eyebrow.