Chapter 1 - Shatter

This is a sequel to my other story, Shatter. There's really not much need to read it if you don't want to....just about Naruto being depressed. I'd appreciate it if you read it tho XDDDD

But its okay if you dont want to

(edit: this was a fanfic i wrote like two years ago. Theres a rewrite of it in progress., check the last chapter )

---

(I'm putting the last chapter of the previous book here so that you don't need to go read it if you don't want to)

As he gazed down at the peaceful village, his heart was filled with fear and amusement.

All it takes....is five steps. Five steps....and everything would be changed- no, everything would be over. Everything he did, everything he gave his life for- His lost dream of becoming a Hokage-

Everything. Would be gone.

That thought alone filled him with fear.

But it's amusing too. How your life can suddenly go from such heights to-

Non-existence.

And so he took the first step.

He gulped.

Was this really the right choice?

Was it?

Tears stained his eyes as he took another step forward.

He could feel his own doubt bubbling in his chest.

What if it was?

What if it was.....the right choice?

He calmed down as he took the third step, wind blowing in his face.

Through that one step, he felt as if all of his problems were solved in an instant.

He looked down at the village, seeing jonins, chunins, ANBUs, running around looking for the Kyuubi Jinchuriki.

How did he get up here?

He chuckled in amusement as he took the fourth step. Not like it matters now anyways.

He stared at the empty space in front of him.

The fifth step.

This was his very last chance to turn back.

And probably a chance to end everything, which he probably won't get any sooner.

He smiled.

His fear, his doubt completely disappeared. Relief washed over him as he dropped down from the Hokage Monuments.

'This is it.'

His smile widened as he felt himself coming closer and closer to the ground.

'This is where I-'

The world, in a split second, faded to nothing but emptiness.

His heart of glass, so beautiful, so kind so-

It didn't matter anymore.

It had shattered.

---

End

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah that was the previous book's last chapter, and here you go, the start of this book.

Five, Naruto counted. Five steps.

"So? Naruto. What will you choose?"

Five more steps to freedom. He took a step forward.

What would the afterlife be like?

He couldn't wait.

He took a second step forward and paused. But still...

"I'm going to become Hokage, believe it!"

He shook his head and took another step forward.

"I never go back on my words, that's my nindo, my ninja way!"

He took another step forward and stopped. He clenched his shaking fists and bent his head down.

"Don't be so mean, Sakura-chan!!!"

"Shut up, teme!!!"

"Thanks, Choji!"

"Heh, come on, don't be shy, Shikamaru!"

"Ya'know, I think it'll be better if you put it here, Ino-chan."

"E-Eh??? Hinata-chan??? Wake up!!!"

"Oiii!!!!! Kiba!!!!!"

"Let's throw these bugs at the girls, Shino!"

He gritted his teeth.

"So?"

"I...." He took a shaky breath and spun around, glaring at his other self s tear stained his eyes. "Who cares about your stupid words!?!? I'm not gonna do it!!!"

"But what else will you do?" His other self gave him a mocking smirk. "After what happened, you really think they'll accept you? In their eyes....you're a demon and nothing else."

He stared at his shaking fists, gritting his teeth. "If they won't accept me....I'll make them. I'll prove it to them. I'll do everything I can to make them see me as Naruto Uzumaki!!!"

His other self's eyes widened before narrowing.".....Very well then," He patted Naruto's back. "You...."

Naruto's eyes widened as he was shoved forward, the wind blowing in his face.

"Can die."

Naruto's eyes snapped open as he jolted up from his bed. Panting, he wiped away his sweat and stared at his clock. "It's just a dream......."

Sighing, he rubbed his neck and headed to the bathroom. 'A dream of suicide...? Huh. Seemed so realistic though.'

He splashed some water onto his face and glanced outside at his clock. 'It's only 4 am....I could go for training again...wait what?'

His eyebrows furrowed slightly before he shrugged. 'I guess some training is okay. I mean Kakashi-sensei doesn't train us often. I'll brag to teme about....oh....yeah. He left'

He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. 'I need to get strong....I need to bring Sasuke back. No matter the cost.'

'No matter what.'

The sound of footsteps quietened down as Naruto arrived at the training grounds. 'Now that I think about it...I've never really did any proper training before....'

An image of Lee suddenly popped up in his head. 'I should work on my taijutsu first.'

'.....Does wearing spandex actually help?'

He shuddered. 'No. No way in hell.'

He got on the floor for pushups and paused. 'Lee can't mold his chakra or something like that...does that mean my attacks will become stronger than his if I combine chakra with it?'

He stared at his hand. 'Maybe.'

Naruto gasped for air as he dropped on the grass. 'Damn it....I never knew using chaka...could be this tiring. Maybe I didn't use the right amount of chakra?'

He fanned himself with an eye roll. 'Oh who cares....I need more energy right now.' His eyes sparkled as he shot up from the ground, grinning. 'Ramen!!!!'

He ran to Ichiraku's at a speed he didn't know he had.