Chapter 11 - Satomi

Naruto slowly opened his eyes.

Is he dead?

He sat up and looked around to find himself in a cave.

Is this a ritual room for Shinigamis or something?

He chuckled, shaking his head. Nevermind, he'll just stay there and see what happens.

"So you're awake."

He flinched and turned around, meeting a masked man.

"Naruto Uzumaki."

"Who are you?" Naruto asked, eyes slightly wide. "Shinigami? You don't look like one."

The man bent his head down for a while before looking back up. "No. You can call me Tobi."

"To.....bi," Naruto tested it out. "It's a weird name."

Tobi narrowed his eye under his mask. 

"So, why am I here?" Naruto asked.

"The council of Konohagakure have decided to extract the Kyuubi from you," Tobi said. "You should be grateful that I saved you."

"Wait, so Im not dead?" Naruto asked.

"Yes," Tobi answered.

There was silence. 

"So what are you going to do now?" Tobi asked. "You can't go back to the village. They want you dead."

"I....don't know," Naruto looked up as a drip of water fell onto his knee. "I was planning to die anyways."

"Why?" 

"I lost.....someone precious to me. He was the only person I had," Naruto leaned against his knees. "And I killed him."

"Why...did you kill him?"

"...." Naruto glanced at the masked man. 'Nosy.' "I wasn't in control of myself."

"And why did you lose control of yourself?"

"Ugh, you're so annoying," Naruto groaned. "Where's the exit? I want to get out."

"Are you going to leave just like that?" Tobi asked.

Naruto paused.

"I saved your life."

"A life I didn't want," Naruto scoffed. "Where's the exit?"

"Keep walking forwards and turn right. You will see the exit soon."

"Yeah, got it."

Naruto ran.

"Ungrateful little...." Tobi grumbled.

"What do I do now..." Naruto sighed as he walked through the forests. "No money, no food, water, no weapons and a damn forest...just great."

He stuffed his hands in his pocket. "I'm not hungry yet....I guess I'll try to look for a river."

"Aghh, what the hell is this!?" 

A huge crash could be heard as Naruto kicked a dent in a tree. "Where the heck...river...river....ugh."

He slid down and sat on his butt, staring at the skies. "Maybe I should'a just stayed in the cave just now....this is....troublesome," He grumbled.

He blinked as he noticed a weird pattern on a tree. "What is..."

He stood up and moved closer towards the tree, squinting at the weird carving. "Huh......"

"Hm? What are you doing here?" Naruto flinched and turned around to face an old woman. 

"Who're you?" he raised his eyebrows lazily.

"I'm Satomi. What are you doing here, little boy?" she smiled.

'Little boy?' Naruto grew a tick mark. "I'm not a little boy!!! I'm a shinobi, a ninja!"

"Oh, so you're a ninja, no wonder I saw a dent back there. You did that?" Satomi asked.

"Uh...yeah," Naruto answered.

"What are you doing in this forest, shinobi-san? I'm not saying you can't defend yourself but...I've never really seen any shinobi around before," Satomi said.

"Oh. It's....nothing!" Naruto grinned. 'Like hell I'd tell you I'm lost.'

"Are you lost?" Satomi smiled.

Naruto flinched. 'WHAT THE HELL ARE OLD PEOPLE!? MIND READERS!?'

---Flashback no Jutsu!!!---

"Naruto," Hiruzen smiled.

"H-Hai, Jiji?" Naruto grinned nervously with a flinch.

"Did you steal the chocolate from Iruka's fridge?"

Naruto's eyes widened.

---Flashback no Jutsu: Kai!---

Satomi chuckled. "Come on, I'll help you out of here."

"T-T-T-Thank you....." Naruto stammered.

(That was a risky choice of having Tobi save him lmao...but I don't have any other ideas XDDDD)

(Hopefully the story won't be a 'too crappy' one.)