Chapter 18 - Reunion

Naruto's cloak disappeared in a burst of smoke as it fell, sealed into a storage scroll.

"Naruto...?" Sasuke's eyes widened to an impossible extent. 'Yoneda...is Naruto!? Naruto is alive?!'

"N-Naruto......" Sakura stuttered. 'He's....alive. But how? Shishou said that he was....'

(Naruto's escape was a S class secret. No one but the people at the scene and Tsunade knew about it. Jiraiya knows.)

Twitch. Twitch. His finger twitched.

"Never thought...I'd meet you guys here," he scoffed. 'One a shinobi from a stupid village and the other who tried to kill me.....'

"N-Naruto...I-I....." Sakura bit her lips. 'I want to apologise and offer to bring him back but...he....killed Kiba....'

"How are you alive?" Sasuke asked.

"I thought you'd want to kill me right here and right now," Naruto smirked as he stared up at the skies.

"T-That time I-" Sasuke paused. "I..."

"I almost died two times," Naruto sighed. "And the reasons are both because of you..." His eyes shone red as he glared at Sasuke, making the Uchiha flinch. "You think I'd listen to a petty excuse of yours?"

"N-Naruto....why....why did you kill him?" Sakura whispered.

A growl escaped the blonde's lips. In a second, Sakura was smashed against the tree, Naruto choking her. "Listen here, Haruno.......Don't ever speak of him in front of me again."

He smiled. Then he chuckled darkly. "You know what? To hell with that..." Insane cackles errupted from his throat. "You're never meeting me ever again....'CAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!!!!"

'Fight back....' Sakura thought as she struggled to pull his hands away.

Kyuubi chakra slowly formed on Naruto's skin.

Sasuke's eyes widened as he pulled out his katana, charging towards Naruto who jumped awayjust in time.

Sakura coughed and gasped for air, dropping on her knees before getting up shakily again.

'I don't know...what to do.' Sasuke gritted his teeth. 'Neither Konoha nor Naruto would accept me.....The best I could do is to keep them from killing one another...'

"S-Sasuke-kun....." Sakura muttered, panting slightly. "I-I'll do the best I can to help.....We'll calm him down and try to talk to him somewhere...And you too."

Sasuke gave her a small and slow nod. 'That'll do for now...'

His eyes narrowed as Naruto charged forward. 'Here he comes....'

He blocked an attack with his won arm only for his eyes to widen as a katana appeared in Naruto's hand.

In a blur, he flashed out his own katana, blocking Naruto's. 

'Where's.....Haruno....' Naruto's eyes widened as he sensed the girl charging towards him with a punch from behind.

He jumped backwards with narrowed eyes just as the whole tree broke into two.

Dodging a fireball from Sasuke, he put his hand up in a seal.

'Single handsigns!?' Sasuke's eyes widened. 'He can too...'

With a single hand, Naruto flung three scrolls open, summoning a fireball launched at Sakura who jumped off the tree.

Her eyes widened as she heard a whisper in her ear. "Die."

A katana was plunged through her chest.

Sasuke's eyes widened.

"Blood...." Naruto whispered as Sakura dropped on her knees. A twisted grin crawled onto his face. "So fascinating, don't you think, Uchiha?"

'Whatever happened after I left to change you so much....Naruto?' Sasuke frowned. 'No, I need to focus right now...'

In a blur, he disappeared and appeared on another tree with Sakura in his arms. 'With saving her....there's still a chance I'll get accepted into Konoha.'

"Sasuke.....kun......." Sakura muttered weakly as she stared up at him, attempting to sit up. "Y-You go...I'll heal myself...."

Sasuke nodded as her hand glowed a faint green.

"Naruto...you've changed," Sasuke said as he swung his katana at Naruto, the Uzumaki blocking it.

"Yours....it's your fault...." Naruto smiled. "You know...I made quite an interesting discovery a few months ago...."

Sasuke's eyes widened as he sensed a few chakra signatures heading their way.

"That's no good...." Naruto frowned. He put his hand up in a single handsign as his cloak appeared on him. "I hope I never meet you again...Uchiha."

In a flash, the blonde disappeared.

"Sasuke...?"

Sasuke flinched, head snapping towards Hinata, Shino and an unknown guy.

"Hinata....go help Sakura. I'll handle him," Yasuo nodded to her. "Shino. Cover me."

"Sakura....that wound..." Hinata gasped lightly.

"I-It's okay.....there's no need to attack him..." Sakura coughed.

"He;s a rogue ninja, Sakura-san!" Yasuo narrowed his eyes. "You're telling me not to hurt him after he hurt one of our own so badly!?"

"I won't attack," Sasuke tilted his head downwards, eyes narrowing at Yasuo. 

"It was Yoneda who attacked," Sakura gritted his teeth. "He happened to pass by and he helped me."

"Yoneda...?" Yasuo glanced at her, sighing quietly. "If only Ino-san was here.....Sasuke Uchiha, put down all your weapons. Shino, you brought along the emergency chakra suppresant tags our senseis gave us right?"

Shino nodded.

"Good, can you tell your bugs to stick them on him or something?" Yasuo whispered.

HInata wanted to sweatdrop.

Shino nodded slowly.

'I'm so sorry, Hideko, Hikari, Hiroko, Kazuko, Masae, Sadashi, Kasumi, Suzume-'

"Shino, do it quick!"

"I said I'm not going to attack."

(Yeah that's all for this crappy chapter-

I suck at fighting scenes-)