Chapter 21 - Memories

It has been a month, Uchiha Sasuke had finally been released from his cell.

Imagine his shock when he heard that Yoneda had destroyed a whole village on his own.

Yoneda was a B rank. There was no way he could do that.

No...

He stared up at the skies. 

Why did Naruto destroy a whole village?

He wanted to find out for himself but...

He glanced towards the direction of the ANBU following him.

He sighed as the chakra signature of the ANBU disappeared from that spot and appeared in another.

'Does he really think I can't sense him?' Sasuke scoffed, continuing to walk through the streets.

'So Yoneda is Naruto...?'  Tsunade sighed, massaging her temples. 'I don't even know what to feel about this anymore....'

She glanced up at Sakura. "No one but Sasuke, you and I are to know about this."

"Hai, shishou," Sakura nodded. 

Years ago.

Flashing out his katana, Itachi ran through the alleyways, so fast that only a blur could be seen.

His only thoughts were about the little blonde that moment.

They better not have hurt him.

HIs sharingan activated without himself even noticing.

As he spun into an alleyway, his eyes widened in horror as he saw little Naruto crawling up from the ground, bruises all over his body.

"Naruto," he whispered, running towards the blonde and hugging him. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"W-Weasel-nii...I-I just wanted to go outside...." Tears stained Naruto's eyes. "Then...t-they chased me...." he rubbed his tears away. "A-And they..."

Itachi's eyes widened under his ANBU mask. 'What...?'

"Naruto...you're safe now...you're safe now," Itachi let out a shaky sigh. "Don't go out on your own again. Come on, let's get you home..."

"I...see...." Hiruzen nodded. 

"We can't let those villagers get away wih that, Hokage-sama," Itachi glared. "And...."

"I know," Hiruzen sighed. ".......Seal Naruto's memories up."

"What!?" Itachi gasped in anger.

"It's for his own safety, Itachi. Calm yourself down," Hiruzen narrowed his eyes. "If they knew about this...they'd only hurt Naruto more. And Naruto might..."

Itachi sighed, closing his eyes before opening them again. "Hai. But.....Hokage-sama," Itachi looked up. "Don't you think we should look into this more? There's no way Naruto could....."

"Don't you think it's best if we leave it be, Itachi? We don't want to get Naruto involved in...you know..." Hiruzen sighed. "I'll do the sealing later when I head to Naruto's house...you are to come with me, and no one is to know about this..."

"Hai," Itachi nodded before disappearing in a blur.

"Naruto."

"Oh, jiji!" Naruto grinned as he hopped off his chair, hugging the Hokage tightly.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" Hiruzen smiled.

"I...couldn't sleep," Naruto quietly answered.

"Naruto, there's something bad that happened to you, and I'm going to help you, okay?" Hiruzen patted the little blonde's head.

"Bad...?" Naruto tilted his head, those big blue innocent eyes staring into Hiruzen's.

"It's going to hurt a little....but if we don't help you now, it will hurt more," Hirzuen smiled.

"Is it an injection? I don't want it," Naruto whined.

"Don't worry, it's not an injection," Hiruzen smiled.

"Oh..." Naruto blinked and grinned brightly. "Okay, then!"

"Ah," Hiruzen picked Naruto up, heading to his bedroom with Itachi silently watching outside. "You've grown bigger, haven't you?" He chuckled.

"Yeah! I'm a big kid now, jiji!" Naruto grinned, fistbumping the air.

"Now, I need you to stay still on your bed, okay?" 

"Okay!" Naruto nodded.

"Don't move, okay?" Hiruzen gave him a sad smile.

"Okay, Jiji!!!"

Hiruzen pulled out a a scroll, rolling it open on the bed. 

"Wow, what's that, Jiji?" Naruto beamed.

"You'll see, Naruto..." Hiruzen smiled, gathering chakra at the tip of his fingers, placing it on the blonde's forehead. "Now, this is going to hurt but do your best to endure it, okay?"

"I'm a big kid now, Jiji, I can handle it!!!" Naruto grinned.

"Oh, Naruto....." Hiruzen whispered with a frown.

Naruto felt something warm in his head before it turned into a sharp pain.

Naruto sreamed in pain, desperately trying to claw Hiruzen's hand.

"Itachi! Hold him!" Hiruzen shouted.

Itachi appeared by Naruto in a shunshin, holding the little blonde's hand tightly as he winced at Naruto's screams.

Why did Naruto have to suffer this much?

"S-Stop..." Naruto screamed, eyes glowing red as tears leaked out of his eyes.

Hiruzen's eyes widened. "Naruto...."

"Sto..........." The screams slowly quietened down as Naruto's eyes closed.

Itachi gritted his teeth, fists shaking slightly.

"Don't blame yourself for this, Itachi..." Hiruzen frowned.

"Hai...." Itachi sighed shakily.