Chapter 24: Dead end

It has been a few weeks but they haven't found anything that's news breaking yet, they've reached dead ends after dead ends, it's like a never ending cycle, even Freya couldn't came up with a cure. Right now the only solution is to siphon the magic out of her, but there is only one risk, there is a big chance that Kai will suck all the vampirism out of her along with her magic, aka she dies, if he siphon her a millisecond longer.

Kai keeps pacing around in the living room anxiously, he refuses to do this, he'd rather having a blood sucking ruthless girlfriend than holding her dead body in his hands, and knowing that it was his fault that she's dead. Stefan and Caroline tries to talk some sense in him, but all of them knew that the chance of her getting killed by being siphoned is bigger than surviving, as powerful as Kai is, he is not a robot that can react less than one second, let alone siphoning his girlfriend.

"I think the best idea is that let her choose, but of course after we told her everything, including the risks," Stefan suggested, Klaus suddenly snapped, "no Stefan, this will not happen, you hear me? She will survive, I don't care who do I have to kill, I owed it to her parents, to her!" He points his finger at him, "Niklaus, would you calm down," Elijah is getting annoyed by his brother clearly. "Relax Nik, we should respect her choice, she's old enough to decide for herself now," Kol said.

"I will go tell her, she needs to decide this herself, I mean, seriously, we can't force her to live in a way she despise!" Caroline yelled in the middle of the living room, "sorry I'm just stressed," she covered her face with her hands and whooshed herself into the basement. She opens the cell door finding Evalynn lying on the chair almost unconscious, she bit her wrist and reached the glass near her then let her blood drip down to the glass. Evalynn opened her eyes as she smell the blood in the air, "I heard you guys upstairs, it's pretty hard not to," she said weakly, "come on drink this," Caroline put the glass near her mouth and help her drink the blood carefully.

Evalynn gave her a smile, "I will do it, I've thought about it, better giving it a try than just give up," Caroline sighed after hearing her, but she knows it's not her choice to make. "Are you sure? You could die if the smallest thing goes wrong." Caroline looks at her anxiously, of course she doesn't want her to die, but if Evalynn is willing to take the risk, she can't be that selfish to stop her. She nodded, "come on, let's go back upstairs," Evalynn wiggles her wrist gesturing Caroline to untie her.

"Can I go take a shower first? If I died, at least I'll look pretty." Evalynn laughs at her own words, "it's not funny, bunny," Caroline's eyes almost look glossy, she pulls Evalynn into a classic Care Bear hug, "and of course, remember, you will be fine." She sounds like she was trying to convince herself more than trying to convince Evalynn, "I will tell Damon that you're gonna go use his shower room, now go." Caroline gives her a smile before she lets Evalynn go.

Damon swallows his bourbon as Caroline nudges his shoulder, "what blondie?" He looks at her, "don't freak out, I let Eva out of the cell, she is taking a shower in your bathroom right now as we speak, and she agreed to let Kai siphon her." "What?" Everyone shots their intense glares to Caroline after hearing what she said. Caroline looks at them nervously, "what do you mean she agreed? Does she know that there is a big chance she might die?" Liv asks her, "before any of you snap at me again, yes she knows, every bit of it, why don't we just wait for her?" Caroline suggested.

"Fine," Kai finally spoke after being awfully silent for a very long time, which is unlikely of him, but he knows he can't take that choice away from her, no one can, no matter how much they wants her to survive.

They are all waiting in the living room anxiously, Jo and Bonnie looks like they are the calmest, Klaus and Kai is the opposite, both of them look like they have a giant pit of fire under their asses, Damon and Stefan kept staring into the fireplace,Kol and Elijah looks worried too, Elena looks like she's about to cry, but hey what's new, Caroline managed to hold it together, so is Liv now. "Hey," a small voice appeared behind them in the hallway. "Hey cupcake," Kai felt his heart skipped a beat as soon as he saw her, her hair is wavy and she leaves them down, she is wearing a black skinny jeans paired with a white t shirt, "you look beautiful," he said then planted a kiss on her lips.