Chapter 3: Coffee

She took a shower in his place, "hey um, sorry, can I please borrow some clothes?" She asked him with a towel wrapped around her body, and her hair is dripping, he is sitting on his couch watching TV trying to distract his mind, he stares at her then suddenly snapped back to the reality, "sorry yea sure, I will go find you something to wear," then he walks to his closet and found a shirt, sweatpants, he gave them to her, "they are a bit big but we can get you some clothes tomorrow," he smiled, "thanks, why are you being so nice to me?" she suddenly asks, "well I don't really know," he chuckles.

After she changed and dried her hair, they are sitting on his couch watching TV and drinking coffee together, "yea I can only do telekinesis, but I'm also a medium, you know, like a bridge between the living and the dead, sometimes when my body is weak I tend to slipping to the other side you know, it's funny sometimes," she laughed, and Kai on the other hand, is worried, which is rare for him, he has sadistic humor too, like really dark, but for some reason he is genuinely concerned about the girl sitting next to him, she seems so pure and sweet, "once a demon almost possessed my body, those nightmares, ugh more like she dragged me straight to hell, one night tour in hell by yours truly, I wish I can do spells like normal witches, it looks really cool." Her voice dragged him back to the reality.

"Well I think you're pretty cool, especially those magic orbs." He said, then he sees her fingers moving around, those orbs appeared again, only this time it's baby pink, "the colors changes based on my emotions, and do you know that humans have so many emotions, like what are those for, I only need anger, the other are useless." She said, "as a former sociopath, I can assure you feelings are hard," then he realized he said too much, she's probably gonna think he is a monster and run away from him after knowing what he did. "Former? What did you do?" She looks intrigued, "nah you will hate me after I told you." "Are you scared of me judging you? My entire bloodline was wiped out and I did some horrible things too, come on Kai, I thought we were supposed to getting to know each other more like you said." She said, then she put her hand on top of his squeezing it lightly, "right, I murdered most of my siblings, and my parents abused me while I was growing up, especially my father, because I was a siphoner, so I wasn't allow to touch anyone, or even talk to anyone, and that screwed me up, big time, so I snapped and killed 4 of my siblings and stabbed my twin sister, chased the other set of twin with a baseball bat around my house, but I should've handled my anger better." He looks at her, he couldn't tell her emotions from her eyes, it's empty in there, as if she's a vampire and she turned it off.

Suddenly his phone starts ringing, "it's Damon", he said, then he saw the fear in her eyes, "please Kai, I don't wanna go back to the cell." She begs him then the orbs appears around her body again, except this time it's not baby pink anymore, it's blue, he pats her head and gives her a smile, "I won't, I will handle it like a mature adult," then he gave her a wink before answering his call.

"What's up Daniel?" He said, she suppress her laughter, then she heard Damon's voice coming from the other side of the line, "have you happened to see our mysterious little friend Evalynn?" Kai frowned, "Evalynn? Who's that?" He said with a smirk, he turned her and seeing her face turned red because she was holding in her laughs, she accidentally let out a snort, then she covered her mouth with her hands quickly, he put a finger on his mouth telling her to stay quiet, then she buried her head in his chest to stop herself from laughing, he puts his hands in her hair, "what was that?" Damon asked, "nothing, where's Elenor?" Then they heard a small gasp, he pushed her head further into his chest, "I heard something, is she with you?" Damon said, "Damon are you stupid? I don't even know she was in Mystic Falls until you called me just now, now go hang out with Steven, bye." He hung up the phone.

She starts laughing uncontrollably, "wow that's so mature of you." He starts laughing as well, "so you are not scared of me?" He sounds a bit more serious now, "what? Me scared of you? Why? Because you were a bit fucked up in your head after all those years of abuse? Hell no, kids are annoying anyway so I don't really give a fuck, and besides you are nice to me, if you wanted to kill me or hurt me you would've done it, and you said it yourself you are a former sociopath, so." She shrugged, then finished her coffee, "the whole Mystic Falls gang think I am dangerous even now, I even stabbed Bonnie a few times before." He said, "Kai, everyone is different, I really don't care about your past, and I don't even like the gang that much, except Bonnie and Care bear, and Stefan maybe," she said.

"But you grew up with Bonnie," he continued, he finds it impossible that someone would react this way after finding out what he did, "yea I did, I like her, she's cool, but I guess I just don't care about other people as much I thought I did, anyway, I don't hate you, I kinda like you, you're fun to hang out with." She smiled, he nodded, "it's kinda late, come on I will show you the guest bedroom, you can stay here as long as you want though, I hate being alone." He said, "why?" She tilts her head looking at him, he was gonna say prison worlds, but he realized what his coven did to her family and bloodline so he didn't, "I just hate the silence," he smiled, "yea me too."

She is not a morning person but however he is, he wakes up at 7AM and starts cooking breakfast and tries not to wake her, it was around 11AM when she wakes up, she came out after getting ready, she saw some shopping bags besides the couch, and a notes on them,

'Got you some clothes, and breakfast is in the fridge, just heat them up in the microwave, I'll be back in the afternoon.

                                                                  Kai P :) '

She tried the clothes on, they all fit her surprisingly, and she opens the fridge, saw a plate with pancakes on it, and a glass of orange juice, she put the plate in the microwave and drinking the orange juice, she couldn't really go anywhere without him cloaking them, the gang is probably on the hunt looking for her right now, she doesn't know what they will do if they finds her, suddenly she heard the doorbell rang, she sneaks to the door and looking through the peephole, it's a woman who's standing in front of it, she has blue-grey eyes just like Kai and dark hair, she didn't open the door, then later she went away, 'is she his twin', Evalynn thinks, then she heard the noise coming from the microwave.

She ate her breakfast and starts watching TV, he has Netflix on it, she clicked it and starts watching a horror film, she doesn't know how long she has been watching the film but she feels sleepy as the people in the film scream, then she fell asleep before she knew it, a while later the movie is still on when Kai opened the door, all he sees is a sleeping Evalynn on his couch while the people in the movie are screaming and chasing around by the serial killer, "wow dark, I like," he muttered, he put the grocery in the fridge, and wash the dishes in the sink, she wakes up, "oh hi, Eva, sorry I did't mean to wake you," he turns around, "don't worry and the pancakes were nice, thanks," she smiles, "glad you like it." "oh yea a woman came here just now but I didn't wanna get into trouble so I didn't open the door." She said.

"Don't worry, it was Jo, she called me." He sits next to her hands her a cup of iced coffee, "thanks", she said, "how did the clothes fitting go?" He asked her, "it went well actually, they are my size," she chuckles, "the gang is looking for you, but I didn't tell them anything."

"What do they want?"

"You..."