chapter 21

You ran straight to Loki's room, but right before you did, you stopped and dried off your tears. You didn't want to seem weak in front of Loki and definitely didn't want him to worry about you.

After you had calmed down, you knocked on his door. "Y/N? Is it you? Come in." Loki answered to your knocking. You opened the door and saw Loki still sitting on the couch. You closed the door and walked up to him. "Is everything okay darling? Did something happen?" he asked you concerning when he saw your hurting looking face. "Everything is alright, I just got into a fight with Tony.." you mumbled to him as you sat down. "Again? What did you fight about?" Loki asked you gently but now more concerned. You didn't lift your head to look at him, you really didn't want to. "He found out that we have been sleeping together, often. I'm sorry, it just... he started to questioning me and you know he's hard to fight against... I'm sorry." you struggled with your words and were ashamed as well, because you had accidentally told Tony about you two. Loki looked at you reaching for your eyes. He touched your chin with his fingers and lifted your head up, so he could look at them. "It's alright darling. I know what kind of relationship you two have. I'm so sorry I wasn't there defending you. I should stab him for hurting you." Loki told you gently and smiled a bit. "He didn't hurt me, I guess he is just trying to protect me or something. I just don't really understand it." you mumbled a bit. "But promise me that you won't stab him." you added and looked at Loki seriously. "I'm afraid that I can't promise that." he said and pulled out his dagger. "Loki, no. This is definitely something you need to promise me." you told him and took away his dagger. "Alright, alright. As you wish my darling
Y/N." Loki chuckled and handed his hand to get his dagger back. You gave it back and he kissed you as an thank you.

"It's been a rough day my darling. I suggest that we should go back to bed and get some rest." Loki suggested you and offered his hand as he stood up. You nodded as an agreement and took his hand in yours. You counted on the others that Tony wouldn't come after you today, so you could sleep in peace with Loki.

*

Morning came and as you woke up you noticed that Loki wasn't next to you. You sat up and looked around. He wasn't in the room. Maybe he was in the shower?
You stood up and headed to his bathroom's door, but he wasn't there either. You really hoped that he wasn't fighting with Tony or something, but you really had to be sure so you headed to downstairs. You went first to the living room, but there was no one.

Next you headed to the kitchen. And luckily there he was, without making any trouble. "Y/N, you're awake." Loki greeted you and gave a kiss on your forehead as you walked up to him. "What are you doing?" you asked him when you noticed the mess he had made. "I tried to make some coffee but I have to admit that I have no freaking idea how this thing works." he said little embarrassed and hit the coffee machine. You just laughed at him. "Let me." you said softly and pushed him gently aside. Loki was more than happy that he didn't need to try to make coffee anymore. It clearly wasn't one of his talents.
"You haven't seen anyone? Hard to imagine that Tony isn't here up on your throat by now." you asked wondering why you haven't seen anyone yet. "There was a note on the table. It said that they went to a mission. They're coming back in the evening." Loki told you and showed the note. "Oh, why didn't they invite us too?" you wondered. "Well I guess, that yesterday's events might be a good reason not to. And also you are not safe anywhere else but here, so it would be better you to stay here." he said and handed you a couple of cups for coffee. "I can perfectly protect myself and I don't definitely want to stay inside these walls forever." you protested and poured some coffee for you two. "And you aren't going to. I will take care of that, darling." Loki told you as you handed him the other cup.

At the same time Thor walked down the stairs to the kitchen. "Brother? Why you aren't with the others on the mission?" Loki asked confused. Thor lifted his head up and looked little shocked as he saw you. He was so into his thoughts that he didn't even notice you. "They didn't need me, besides it's good that here is at least more than just one to look after Y/N." he said and came to take some coffee as well. He didn't look at you and only seemed to talk to Loki. "You know, I can protect her by myself as well." Loki murmured a little at Thor.
Thor looked tired and like he haven't slept well last night. "Yeah, and look what happened last time." Thor grumbled at him back, making Loki to slam his cup on the table. "Alright can you two stop already?" you spoke up before they would kill each other. "No until he's gone and you're truly safe." Thor grumbled and walked angrily away after he had slammed his cup on the table too. Loki looked little furious. "Let me talk to him. You can go ahead to your room, I'll join you soon." you told him and gave a kiss on his cheek. Loki nodded and headed to the elevator. And you instead, went after Thor up the stairs which led you to the hallway. You needed to run a bit so you could catch Thor before he could lock himself inside his room.