chapter 11

Next morning came and you woke up to Jarvis' alarm. You set the alarm by yourself this time because you wanted to visit Loki and make sure he was fine.
You got up and headed to the bathroom of yours to clean yourself up a bit. And you definitely needed that because you looked horrible. Also you didn't want to look awful in front of Loki.

After you've got cleaned up, you headed to the kitchen. You took a glass of water and one piece of bread for breakfast.
"Morning Y/N" Nat greeted you.
"Good morning to you too" you said.
"I made some breakfast for Loki too, wanna deliver it to him?" she smirked.
"Oh c'mon stop that." you chuckled.
"What do you mean? I didn't say anything!" she teased you. "Oh I think you know damn well what I meant!" you laughed. "Alright, I can deliver this too if you don't want to." she said and took the platter. "No need, I can handle it." you smiled and took it from her hands. "That's what I thought." she smirked. You rolled your eyes and headed to the medical room.

You walked out of the elevator and knocked to medical's door. "What now?" you heard Loki's grumbling voice. "Well good morning to you too." you chuckled. "Oh Y/N. Come in." he said kindly. You opened the door and walked next to Loki who was still lying on the bed. "I got you some breakfast, you hungry?" you asked and placed the platter on the table. "Not much but you can leave it there, I'll eat it later." he answered and started to got up for sitting position. "Let me help." you said and took his arm. "No need to do that, I can do this by myself." he convinced and gave you a little smile. You let go of him and let him get up by himself.

"How are you feeling today?" you asked when he got up. "Better, no longer and I can get up from this stupid bed." he grumbled. You chuckled.
"I should have healed you with my magic so you would heal faster." you murmured. Loki signed you to sit down. "Hey... your powers are not ready for that and we don't even know that can you use those on me." he said warmly. "Of course they would work on you, I..I care about you, a lot." you said shyly. He smiled and took your hand and placed a light soft kiss on your knuckles. You smiled back to him.
"Well, I should leave now that you can rest." you said and got up. But Loki didn't let go of your hand. "No... stay, please." he begged. "Are you're sure?" you asked. "Yes of course. Stay." he said and pulled you back to sit next to him.
You spend there the next few hours talking and laughing with Loki. You liked that a lot. By then you learned to be yourself around him, you could even relax when you spend time with him.

Few hours later Loki got tired and fell asleep while you was reading to him. He told you earlier that Frigga used to read to him when he was sick or injured. So you thought that it would be nice and grabbed a book and started reading to him.

You stopped reading and looked to his sleeping face. He was so adorable while sleeping. You stroked his hair and slowly moved your hand to his cheek. You smiled and gave him lightly kiss on his forehead.
You you were little shocked when you noticed that he smiled after the kiss. You got up from the bed and walked out of the room leaving him to get some rest.

*

Days passed and Loki started to get better. You were glad that he was alright, but now you were worried about Thor. He has been acting very strange lately. He was grumpy and little sad too. You didn't know what was wrong with him but you were going to find it out soon.

You were on your way to Loki to watch him getting finally out of the bed and also out of the medical.

You knocked to the medical's door and Bruce invited you to come in. Loki was sitting on the edge of the bed. Loki looked at you with smile on his face.
"Feeling better?" you asked him. "Yeah, definitely then when I got myself out of here." he chuckled.
"Alright, time to get up." Bruce said and walked up to Loki to help him. Bruce was kind of nervous around him but you wasn't surprised.
"I don't need help." he resisted. "We're not sure if your legs can support your weight yet." Bruce explained. "I... don't.... need... help." he grumbled. Bruce stood back and lifted his hands up. Loki tried to stood up slowly and took one step forward. He almost fell but kept his balance. Bruce leaned down to help him. "Don't touch me." he grumbled. Bruce looked at him for awhile and you could swear that you saw his head turning a little green.
"Maybe I should left. Will you be alright?" Burce said, he was starting to look more and more green. "Yeah, I can handle this." you said and he left.
"Loki let me help you." you sighed. "I can walk by myself." he resisted again, but didn't grumble this time. He tried to take few steps more. His walking looked very hard. You walked up to him, took his arm and wrapped it around you neck to your shoulders. "You like it or not but I'm going to help you." you said. Loki sighed. "Fine.."

You helped him into the elevator and then up to the living room. "Look who's finally up.." Tony said.
"Would you like to give him a room??" Nat asked and stared at Tony with questioning look on her face. "Seriously?" he said. Nat and you looked at him with grumpy faces. You were thankful that Natasha stand up against Tony for you.
"Alright fine.." he sighed. "There's one free room next to..." he was just about to say and then looked up to you. "... Y/N" he sighed again. "Okay thanks." you said and headed back to the elevator with Loki.
Then at the same time Thor came out from the elevator. You haven't seen him for awhile. "Let me help" he said and took Loki's hand around him, letting you go. You saw on Loki's face that he didn't like it much. You were little surprised that Thor wanted to talk to you, he has seemed that he was upset with you lately.

Thor helped Loki out of the elevator and headed to the door next to yours. You passed them that you could open the door. Loki's room was nice and Tony had even brought him some furnitures. You thought of thanking him later.
Thor helped Loki to the bed and Loki thanked him with piece of embarrassment in his voice. "You alright?" you asked. Loki nodded but he was clearly tired. "You need to rest, brother." Thor finally spoke up. He sounded grumpy and that made you more worried about him. "I'm not tired, I'm fine!" Loki answered. "I said you need to rest!!" he nearly shouted. You flinched. Then he left without saying anything and slammed the door behind him. "I'm going to talk to him, you rest." you said and ran after him before Loki could protest.

"Wait!" you shouted to Thor. "What do you want?!" he asked angrily. "Is everything alright?" you asked concerned. "I'm totally fine." he growled. "I don't think that you are telling the truth. Now, tell me, what's wrong?" you continued. "Nothing! I said I'm fine!" he shouted so loudly that it made you flinch. He had never shouted you like that before. You gathered all your courage and shouted back to him. "No your not! Don't you dare to lie to me! I can see you're hurting!"
Thor looked at you speechless.
"So please, tell me what's wrong so I can help you.." you said softly and took few steps towards him. Tear fell down on his cheek. He looked into your eyes, his eyes were hurting. "You can't help me... you just can't." he said and his voice was breaking. "I'm sure I can. Just tell me.." you begged. "No you can't because...because.." he stuttered. You look at him with kindly and gently look on your face to remind him that you were always there for him, no matter what. "...I saw you two kissing in Asgard" he continued. You looked at him confused. "I'm trying to tell you that I.... I like you Y/N, a lot. Not just as a friend, more than that." he said softly with breaking tone in his voice.

You were speechless, confused and...sad. His eyes were full of tears. The look on his face and those tears broke your heart. "Thor I..." you started. You weren't sure what you should say. Then you decided to walk up to him and took him in your arms. "It's okay." you whispered softly into his ear. "I love you Thor, with every piece of my heart, I really do. But not in the way you want." you added and it broke your heart even more. "I love you too... and it's fine, you're in love with Loki. I understand. And I promise that I will not come between you two." he whispered, still hurted.
He removed his hands around you and before he could leave, you placed a soft kiss on his cheek. He smiled a little and then walked away, leaving you standing there.
A tear fell down on your cheek. You felt sad, confused, hurt. Also, you felt bad because you clearly hurted him. A lot.