chapter 8

Next time you woke up was in the morning. You saw Frigga with the healing folks. "Miss Y/N, glad to see you awake. Did you sleep well?" she asked and walked up to you. Soon you realized that she didn't know about the last night events. You didn't bother to tell her. "Yes, I'm just fine." you convinced. You were just about to rose up but she stopped you.
"Wait, not yet. We need to heal that black eye of yours first." she said at put you back down.
"Can it wait?" you whined because you really wanted out of that bed.
"Otherwise I would say yes but I don't think that you want to look like that at the evening feast." she explained.
"Evening what?" you were just about to ask but then she and the other healers got to work. It took 5 exhausting minutes to stay still. You didn't complain tho. You were very thankful for their help.

"Alright, we're ready." Frigga said when they finished their job.
You rose up to your feet. "How do you feel?" she asked.
"Better, thank you." you answered and smiled.

You rushed out of that room without any hesitation. But quickly run into Loki by accident.
"Watch where your going!" Loki grumbled.
"I'm so sorry." you apologized.
"Oh, it's you.." he chuckled and tone in his voice changed immediately. He helped you up from the floor. "Heading to your room?" he asked.
"Yes actually." you answered.
"Let me walk you." he insisted.

You started heading towards your room with him. "I never got chance to thank you for defending me against Tony." you said.
"Of course, he didn't treat you as you should be treated. Besides it's my pleasure to stand up against him." he said mischievously. You chuckled and were also honored that he thought that Tony didn't treat you well.

"Your eye is healed, I assume that you're better now?" he noticed as you walked through the corridors.
"Healthy as a horse." you chuckled. He laughed at that. You felt like you can be yourself around him. It was nice.

After little chatting, you found yourselfs in front of your room's door. You smiled and you were just about to open the door but Loki stopped you by grabbing your hand.
"Y/N wait." he said and you turned around to face him.
He let your hand go and looked little bothered as he looked at you.
"I was thinking.." he started.

"Yes?"

He gathered all his courage and continued. "Would you like to be my companion in tonight's feast?" he asked.
You smiled brighter than ever before. But you kept yourself as calm as you could.
"It would be pleasure." you answered politely. He smiled back at you. He clearly expected rejection from you.
"Alright then miss Y/N. See you later." he smirked and walked away.

You closed the door behind you and leaned against it. You didn't believe it. Loki just asked you to the feast. You were nervous but excited. You really hope that you wouldn't mess it up.

*

Evening got closer and closer faster than you thought. You had been so nervous about the feast that you haven't thought about anything else. You agreed when Nat suggested that you, Nat and Sif should help each other with dresses, makeup and hair.

As evening was getting closer Sif and Nat knocked your door. You had made a plan earlier today and the part of it was that you would get ready for the feast at your room.
You opened and two excited girls came in. Well, as excited as those kind of warrior girls could be.

First you started with your makeup. You really didn't want help in that because you didn't even like to put it on that much. Nat and Sif helped each other on that instead.
But you would need lot of help with your hair. You had no idea what you're going to do with them.

"Maybe we just curl it a bit.." Nat said and started working.
After a few mistakes and laughs, they got your hair ready. Suddenly you heard a knock on your door.
"Yes?" you asked.
"It's Thor." Thor said softly.

Sif and Nat looked at you with smirks on their faces. "Stop it." you said and went to the door. Nat and Sif continued with Sif's hair.
You opened the door and saw Thor with in his usual outfit. Then you remembered that boys didn't need that much time to get ready.
"Hi.." he said shyly.
"Hi..?" you greeted in little confusion.

"I was thinking that would you like to go to the feast with me?" he asked.
You were touched that he asked you to go with him but hated the fact that you had to refuse.
"I would really love to, but I promised already to someone else. I'm so sorry." you said softly.
Thor watched you with his adorable puppy dog eyes and it made you feel more bad.
"It's totally okay." he answered and gave you a smile.
"It is?" you wanted to make sure. "Yes, it is." he said, "Guess I'm going by myself." he continued and left. You felt bad, he was so adorable when he asked you. You really hope that he would find someone to go with before evening.

You got back inside and headed to Nat and Sif who were done with their hairs. "Well, what did he want?" Nat smirked. "Nothing..seriously!!" you laughed as they both looked at you with the smile on their faces.

*

Finally you all were ready and in your dresses. Nat was wearing all black dress and Sif had black dress with some silver details on it.
You had dark green dress instead. You liked it a lot and hoped that Loki would too.

"Are you guys ready?" Nat asked after you had made few spins in front of the mirror.
"Yes I guess we are." Sif said and you nodded. You and Sif had got a little closer during the evening.

They headed to the door you walking behind them. "Oh, you can go ahead, I forgot something." you said and went back to you table. You almost forgot very important bracelet of yours. You've got it from your mother a long time ago. You put it back in your wrist. But then someone knocked on your door. 'Probably just Nat or Sif' you thought as you walked over to open it.
You were surprised when you saw Loki, in his fancy asgardian suit.
"Good evening miss Y/N." he greeted.
"Evening, prince of Asgard." you greeted back. You were in those viral names again.
Loki looked at you in little amazement. "May I say that you look wonderful tonight." he said sweetly.
You blushed. "Well, may I say that you look wonderful as ever too." you told him and it made him chuckle a bit.

Then he took your hand and placed soft kiss on your knuckles. "Shall we?" he asked and offered his arm.
"Sure." you said little originally and took his arm.

He walked you to the big hall and you were little nervous. You think he noticed that because his whispering to your ear "It's alright."

When you got your way in, your teammates and Loki's family looked at you surprised. Although Frigga didn't. You saw a broken look on Thor's face as he saw you with his brother. That made you a little sad.