chapter 17

Two days went boringly and slowly because Loki wanted you to get rest, so you would heal completely. He kept you in bed and didn't let you leave often. It was kind of frustrating but he clearly wanted make it up to you that he wasn't on the field protecting you. You told him many times that it was okay and you didn't blame him, but of course he didn't listen to you. But gladly you were going back to Asgard today and Loki was joining you. What could be better than just two of you in there, without Tony watching over you and telling what to do.

"Shall we get going soon?" Loki asked when you still packed your stuff. "Yeah yeah, hold up just a minute." you answered and tried to hurry a bit. "You know we are just going there for couple of days, you don't need that much stuff, darling." he chuckled at you when you tried to get your last thing inside your bag and it wasn't fitting. "You never know what you need." you told him and laughed a bit. He rolled his eyes at you and said very quietly "yeah right." as thinking you wouldn't hear that. Finally you got all of your things in the bag and walked up to Loki who was standing in front of your door. "You're ready?" he asked and raised his eyebrow. You nodded, and then he slowly opened the door, and watched first that Tony or anyone else wasn't around. "Never can't be too much careful." you said as you walked out of your room. "I would easily just stab him for this, but I'm doing this only for you." Loki said and grabbed your waist when no one was seeing. You smiled and kissed him on his cheek.

You stopped first in the living room, you needed to tell at least someone that you were leaving. As the elevator's doors opened, you walked in and saw Nat and Clint watching something boring serie. "Oh hey Y/N, what's up?" Clint asked when he saw you. "We're leaving. I just wanted to inform to someone, so you guys don't think I'm kidnapped or something." you said and both Clint and Nat laughed at that.

The laugh stopped when you heard Tony's voice behind you.
"And where in the hell you two think you're going?" he grumbled at you, with Cap beside him. "Well it's actually none of your business, but if you really need to know we're going to Asgard." Loki told him with none friendly tone in his voice while he spoke. "Oh hell yeah it's my business. If you really think, that I am going to let you two, alone, go to the Asgard, you are definitely wrong." he grumbled at Loki and pointed him with his finger. "We don't need your permission if we want to go somewhere." Loki grumbled back at him. He clearly was already full of Tony's bossing. "C'mon darling, let's go." he said suddenly and took your hand. You started walking with him towards the elevator. "Don't you fucking dare to take her anywhere! I'm not trusting you with her alone." Tony grumbled aggressively. "I'll take her anywhere I like." Loki grumbled back and took out his dagger and pointed it to Tony. "Hey calm down both of you now!" Cap ordered but they didn't surprisingly listen to him. You sighed and walked closer to Loki. "Loki, put that dagger away please, before you hurt anyone." you said calmly and placed your hand on his arm, which was holding the dagger. He looked at you, looking like he wanted to protest. You raised both of your eyebrows at him and then he sighed deeply and lower his dagger and put it back. "Thank you." you whispered to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek as everyone were watching. Loki smirked, Tony's face was worth to see. Then he pull you closer to him and kissed you, which was obviously meant to annoy Tony more. You were kind of proud of him that he dared to do that in front of everyone. But he was clearly pissed off, so in his case, he could do anything.

Tony didn't say anything after your kiss, he just looked foolishly at you when you were heading back to elevator. Loki enjoyed the moment when he got Tony speechless. As the doors closed you started to chuckle a little. "Well, that was brave." you teased him. "I'm so full of him telling you what to do. You don't deserve that kind of treatment." he grumbled and tightened his grip in you. "My hero." you said and kissed him. "At your service." he chuckled and gave you another kiss. You laughed at that.

Loki grumbled about Tony for awhile but quickly got back to his soft side. You loved the fact that he showed that side of him only to you.

*

You got finally your way to Asgard and unfortunately you used Bifrost, which you still didn't like, because it made you feel sick. Although Loki held you tightly while traveling and it actually helped a little.

"This way my lady" Loki said and led you through the village into the palace. Many asgardians were staring at you and whispering to each other. It bothered you a little but Loki told you to ignore it. So you did.

*

"Welcome back." Frigga welcomed you on the palace's doors. Loki hugged her and gave her light kiss on her cheek. He loved his mother much, you can see that.
"How was your trip?" she added. "It went great." Loki said and looked at you and smirked little. "Glad to hear that, alright c'mon in, we were just about to eat." Frigga told you and let you enter to the palace.

She led you first to the dining room, when you walked in you saw Odin, sitting on the head of the table. He stood up and greeted you with little nod and you nodded back. "Welcome, sit down please." Odin greeted and showed your seats.

During the meal, you noticed that Loki wasn't himself. He was quiet and didn't talk or even look at you a lot. Odin tried to spoke to him but he just murmured shortly and quietly at him. Something was off and you were going to find out what.
"So, lady Y/N, has Hydra tried to attack again?" Odin asked suddenly and you almost choked on your food.
"No they haven't." Loki answered right before you could. You looked at him confused but he didn't say anything to you. "Well... that's good. Excuse me, duties call." Odin told you as one of the guards showed up and whispered something to him. It seemed kind of important, because he rushed away. Loki watched Odin as he left and he seemed little concerned.

"I guess we should go too. Y/N seems tired, she needs to rest." Loki said and you were just about to protest, that you weren't tired at all, but he was already heading at the doors dragging you with him. "Well, see you later." Frigga said you with little confusion as you left.

"Where are we going?" you asked when Loki still hasn't let go of your hand. "My room, we can be there alone in peace." he told you and kept leading you to his room.
As you got in there, he let go of you finally and closed the door behind him. He seemed pissed off. "Loki, darling. Is everything okay?" you asked worried. "Don't talk to him again, and try to avoid him as well." he told you straightly and placed his both hands on your shoulders. "But why? What happened?" you started to get more worried about him. He sighed deeply and looked straight into your eyes. "My love, you need to trust me on this. Just please, do me a favor and try to avoid him as much as possible and don't be with him alone." he said seriously but softly as he moved his hand on your cheek. You were concerned and confused, but because you trusted him with all of your heart, you didn't ask anything else. He probably wouldn't even tell you. You just nodded him as an answer and he smiled back to you. Then he leaned down to kiss you softly.

*

It was evening and you were getting ready to see Frigga. She had promised to teach you tonight which clearly didn't please Loki. "I think you should stay here, it's safer." he begged again right before you tried to head out. "Loki, I'll be alright." you told him kindly smile on your face. "Please Y/N, I can told mother that you couldn't get there tonight." he whined. "No, I need to train. Besides as long as you aren't telling me what's going on, I can go there if I want." you protested. He looked down on his feet.
"Hey, darling. Trust me, I'll be okay." you added softly as you walked up to him and placed you hand on his cheek. He looked up and grabbed your hand. "Alright, but I'm going to walk you." he said determinedly and you nodded as an accept.
You were wondering why he was so overprotective at you. Something was obviously wrong.