XIV. Tantrums and Hurting Myself

Earlier that day...

Nathaniel.

The alarm I set went off and Nuri kept right on sleeping, her head furrowed in my chest and body tucked into my side, the scent of coconuts and some other thing she put in her hair in my nose. We'd gotten home late last night, or early this morning and after calling her folks to let them know she was safe, she crashed hard on the couch. 

I carried her to bed, dressed her in the lovely nighty I love to fondle her in and set an alarm for us so that we could get right back to it. Now that it was time to do so- - and she had her breast right up against hand , I reached over to the lamp stand and quickly dismissed the alarm the need to fondle her some more taking me over.

My angel was resting and I didn't have the heart to wake her up. She was obviously exhausted and deserved to sleep. Plus, I was enjoying the feel of her soft skin on me and in my bed. I took her hand on my chest and kissed her fingers. My thumb idly rubbed at the spot over her middle ring finger and I lost control of my thoughts resigning myself to let them wander as far as they wanted to.

Nuri King. 

Mrs. Nuri King.

Mrs. Nuri Hart-King.

Nathaniel's wife. 

My wife. 

She would be surprisingly strict with the girls and get overwhelmed with the boys and I would let them do whatever they wanted. She would argue with me about us not being on the same page and give me her silent treatment. I would apologize on my knees with my head between her thighs every night, only to repeat the cycle again in the morning.

Yup. We were going to have the best life ever. 

With much effort, I eased out of the bed without stirring her and went to handle my life. The more I stalled the more sleep she could catch up. She's going to hate me for waking her up but it was something that needed to be done. The only thing I would have to look forward to is that permanent frown on her face that would last a solid 10 minutes until she got into the bathroom and started  her day. She tended to perk up once she was up and on her feet.

Marriage is on my mind and Nuri is not feeling it. I'd be slow or foolish not to realize this. Life wasn't exactly cutting me any deals at the moment and for all the shit I'd done, I'm sure I was going to rot in hell. It was all the more reason to enjoy whatever peace she'd bring me in this world. 

I washed my hands, brushed my teeth and got undressed for a shower. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I went into the room and sat on the edge of the bed on her side.  My fingers traveled the length of her shapely calf, up her thigh and rested on that plush part of her that ruled my world... I smoothed my hand over her round ass appreciatively than let my hand move up to her waist where it rested. 

"Baby." I leaned in and was right at her ear. "It's time to wake up now."

She mumbled something about dirt cookies with rough soup and I laughed. She was one to talk in her sleep and I would have fun asking her things right as she was on that fine line of sleep and coherence. I'm going to make a list of her gibberish and show it to her one day. She won't believe it. 

"Nuri baby, we got work."

She grumbled something I was sure was the f bomb and pulled away from me. 

"C'mon now," I kissed her hip bone. "Don't  make me get physical," I shook her a little. "You know how I get when I get physical."

She turned from her side to her back and her breast slipped  out, her dark nipples peaking through the thin fabric of her nighty. Leaning down, I set two kisses on the tops of her mounds.