Chapter 18 : Necessary Roughness

*The Next Day*

*Langston's POV*

The other day couldn't have ended any better. It was mad fun. Now all i gotta do is officially make Taliah mine. But then when i think about it, i don't want it to be too out there, you know? I always kept all my other relationships a secret, especially from the fans. They can get a little crazy. I mean, i don't know how the fans to her or how she gonna react to the fans so imma take it slow.

I got up out the bed and got ready for school.

*buzz buzz*

J: come on nigga ! Everybody outside waitin' for your ass.

I looked out the window to see him, DayDay and all the girls outside on the lawn. I texted him back after i put on my sneakers.

L: ok! Im comin down the steps right now.

I ran down the steps with my bookbag and went out the door.

"Took you long enough" Julian said.

"You can't rush this nigga." I said walking over to Taliah and putting my arm over her shoulder.

"Can we go now?" Alisa said laughing.

I leaned down to give Taliah a quick kiss. "Let's go."

We all talked while we went to school.

"Yo when the movie comes out, yall gonna love it." DayDay said turning around and walking backwards.

"I know" i said. "Yall get to see the first screening before it comes out in theaters and the premiere when it comes out."

"Oh yeah?" Taliah said looking up at me. "And when is this gonna happen?"

"We don't know yet. We still gotta do some voice overs and stuff." DayDay said.

After a few minutes we finally got to school and went to our lockers. I didn't feel like goin to mine so i carried my bookbag.

I wrapped my arm around Taliah's waist while we walked down the hallway and heard people whispering.

"Are they going out?" 

"I thought she dated Kev." 

"What you think Bri gonna do?"

I tried not to pay them any mind so i just brushed it off my shoulders and continued walking down the hallway with her. She sighed loudly.

"Whats wrong with you?"

"You can't tell? You see how they lookin at us?"

"What about it?" I said moving my arm off her waist as she opened up her locker and took her stuff out.

"I don't want it to end up like how it was at my old school. I dated one of the most popular boys there. And everybody treated me differently. People that i was close to stopped talking to me and.. It was just crazy."

She closed her locker, leaned on it at looked at me. "I don't want a repeat of that."

"Who cares what they think? As long as you're happy, nothing they say matters." I said pulling her in closer to me.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah.. You're right." She said before standing on her tip toes to give me a kiss.

"Mm. That's what i'm talkin' about." I said biting my lip.

"Shut up" she said laughing. "Cmon, lets get to class."