part 3: the arrival

James' pov:
The car ride was filled with a lot of my chemical romance and arctic monkeys (mine and Sirius' favourite bands). I tried to speak to regulus but I didnt know what to say and a lot of the time he just ended up ignoring me or rolling his eyes. That didn't stop me from stealing glances at him as often as possible.

As soon as I put on teenagers by my chemical romance, he started to hum along. It eventually turned into singing although it was so quiet it was almost inaudible. I saw Sirius staring at him in awe as the younger black brother was singing to a song that his parents wouldnt approve of.

'How does he know this song?' I mouthed to Sirius, who just shrugged. We both smiled at seeing him just vibing. He seemed to notice us smiling at him as he stopped singing, started at us, sighed loudly and asked 'what?!' 

I looked at Sirius and laughed 'hes definitely your brother!' I told him through my giggles. Soon, sirius joined in but reg just rolled him eyes and pulled out a cigarette (again).

So, yet again, I took it out of his mouth. 'Tut tut tut, baby black. Not here. And if I do catch you smoking, so God help you.' I scolded. I didnt want him getting ill.

He yet again just rolled his eyes and his the pack away again. I started seeing my house. 'Hey there it is guys!' I yelled, startling sirius, who in turn slapped me. I just laughed at him.

I pulled onto the drive way and my mother was just walking out the door (no doubt to give us all hugs).

Sure enough, the second sirius set 1 foot outside the truck he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

'Sirius, dear, I've missed you so much. Why didnt you come and see me?' She asked, sounded genuinely hurt. 'Oh well, no trouble at least you're here now.' She finished.

'Sorry, mum.' Sirius said as he hugged back. He started calling her that in 2nd year as she was like a parental figure for the poor boy. 'I love you and I've missed you too.' He finished as they pulled away from the hug.

'I love you too, dear' she told him. Then she saw regulus. She looked at me, questionably.

I mouthed 'regulus' to her and she nodded.

'Oh, you must be regulus, right?' She asked and he just nodded ever so slightly. 'Oh come here, darling.' She said as she pulled him into a hug. I could tell that he was uncomfortable. He doesnt do hugs, I guess.

'James, go put their stuff in Sirius's room, will you? Please?' She asked me.

'Yeah, gimme a second, ma' I replied as I gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

A/N so this was written really early in the morning like 6 am lol. Anyway, love you all.
(5th February 2021)