part 19: the early birth.

⚠️TW: EATING DISORDER ⚠️
James' pov:
It has been about 8 months of a pregnant reg and remus. Theres alot of hormones, tears and even yelling. It's a lot to deal with but I'm so excited. Our little girl is gonna be best friends with their little boy, I already know. Mcgonagall said that we could bring them to lessons as well. I also explained how when I leave school I'm having to go straight into work and reg said that he would carry on looking after paris-marie. (That's what we decided to name her).

'James. I think something is wrong.' Regulus said to me, panicking.

'Like what?' I asked, horrified.

'Just get me to madame pomfrey.'

So, I did. We rushed to the hospital wing to find out what's wrong.

'Oh, dear, you're going into labour.'

'But I'm only 8 months along. I still have another month.' He said.

'I know, it doesn't happen often and shes going to be really small but its happening.'

'Okay.'

7 hours later and I'm holding my first child in my hands, sitting next to a sleeping regulus.

'Aww. Shes so cute.' Sirius said, walking over to me.

'Shhhhh! Regulus is sleeping.' I said, in a hushed, cross voice.

'What's her name?' He asked, more quietly than before.

'Paris-Marie Ava potter. Reg said he didnt want her to have his last name because he doesnt even want his last name.'

'That's a pretty name. Me and remus decided to call our little boy Tate john lupin. I said the same about my last name to remus.'

'That's adorable. You already know they're going to be best friends.' I said.

'Oh yah. We'll make sure of it.'

Time Skipppppp

Regulus' pov:
I'm on my way to potions and today it's my day to bring Paris-Marie to classes. It's quite hectic on my days with her. I dressed her in the cutest outfit today. She looks adorable and all the professors and a few students complimented her on my way to class. All the professors knew her. They all loved her. shes 3 weeks old now and they're expecting Tate soon. She will have a friend in the castle then.

'You're late mr. Black.' Professor slughorn said when I walked in.

'Sorry professor, james wouldnt wake up then we couldnt find Paris's shoes.' I said.

He chuckled and then just nodded. Before I could sit he took Paris-Marie like all of my professors do, it helps me be able to focus on my education and they love holding her. She loves being held by all the different professors too.

'Today we're learning about amortentia. We'll be making it next lesson.'

The class went on. I kept zoning out and then I realized the whole room smells like james. Why does it smell like James.

'Regulus. What can you smell?' Professor slughorn asked.

'James.' I said simply.

'Here you go, you take Paris-Marie and I'll explain why you smell him.' He said, handing me Paris.

'You see, class, the reason regulus, here, can smell james is because he's truly in love with mr potter. I taught this to mr potter the other day (poor Paris-Marie had to listen to this twice in a week) and do you know what he said he could smell? A certain mr regulus black.' To that everyone 'awed' and I blushed.

Everyone was staring at me, which caused me to panic and then I remembered that I havent eaten in 2 weeks. I'm gonna go talk to james before it gets too much.

'Professor, do you mind if me and Paris-Marie just step out for a second?' I asked.

'Of course not.' He said and I took Paris-Marie and her stuff to James' classroom.

'Professor mcgonagall, can james please come and speak to me?' I asked with my best puppy eyes.

'Oh okay, he wasnt doing his work anyway. More of a distraction. Here, let me take Paris-Marie while you two speak' she said, taking her into her own arms.

'Thank you. But whatever you do, dont let Sirius take her. I like my child very much living.' I said, making her chuckle.

'Hey.' James said, walking out. 'What's up?'

'I'm not feeling so great. I think I'm relapsing.' I said, falling into his arms.

'When was the last time you ate?' He asked me, sitting us both on the floor and wrapping his arms around me.

'2 weeks ago..' I said, quietly.

'Why didnt you tell me?' He asked.

'I did. Just then. I thought I'd come and tell you before it got worse. Plus, we're both stressed with figuring out how to take care of Paris-Marie as well as do school. I figured you didnt need me to add to that stress.' I explained.

'Baby, I know its been difficult with having Paris-Marie around but you two are my number 1 priorities. And I need you to eat. What happens if you dont? What happens if you're hospitalized like remus was? Then I'd have to look after Paris-Marie alone? We both know I cant do that. I'm not capable. I need you here with me, babe. I love you so much.'

'I love you too.'

(11th February 2021)