part 9: truth being told.

Regulus' pov:
I'm sat on his lap with his tongue down my throat and I realised this is my first kiss! Oh god! My brothers best friend took my first kiss! I know I should be scared by this but fuck! It just feels so good.

Theres just so much to love about him. I love how I told him about all my trauma and all my drug abuse and he just skipped right past and made light of everything. I love how he does anything for his friends. I love how he just told me every little detail of when he first met me. How he remembers the little things. I just love him!

Shit. I'm in love with my brothers best friend.

He pulled away from the kiss and rested his forehead against mine.

'You're so perfect' he whispered to me.

'J-James, what are we?' I asked, scared of the answer.

'Well, I really like you and have for 6 years so I'm hoping you would like to be my boyfriend?' He asked, wearing his stupid, adorable smirk.

'I would love to.' I said as I leaned in to kiss him again.

'We can tell Sirius and remus but other than that can we keep it a secret for now? I'm not out to my parents yet.' He asked, looking scared.

'Of course, tell them when you're ready.' I replied.

Just then, sirius and lupin burst through james' bedroom door.

Sirius' pov:
My brother had just finished speaking when me and moony tumbled in through the door. I was so happy for them!

'Uhm...' james started, not quite sure what to say.

'We heard it all. We came up about an hour ago.' Remus told them.

'Oh.. well... do you mind keeping it a secret for now?' Prongs asked, clearly nervous.

'Of course, what kind of friends do you think we are?' I asked, finally speaking.

'IVE JUST HAD AN IDEA!' James said after a moment of silence.

'What's that?' I asked, scared as our ideas never worked out too well.

'Well you want remus to stay in your room, correct?' He asked and I nodded vigorously. 'Well, I would like regulus in my room. Are you okay with that, baby black?' He asked, making sure reg was okay with this idea. He simply nodded once, cautiously. 'Well, remus doesnt have a room, we can put him with Sirius and I'm sure reg would hate to stay with those two so he can stay with me. We all know the real reason but that could be the excuse to my parents for now.' He stated and we all agreed with a simple nod.

'I thought you were gonna say something dumb, like you always do.' Moony said what we were all thinking.

Me, moony and prongs all started laughing. Then I realised that regulus hadn't said anything since we walked in the room.

'You've been really quiet, reg. What you thinking about?' I asked, kind of scared.

He just turned and whispered into James' ear, clearly too scared to talk to me or remus.

'He wanted to know how much you heard?' James asked for him.

'Well, I heard a lot. I heard enough for me to ask you to show me your arms. Enough for me to go and look in all your pockets and throw all your drugs away. Enough for me to start making sure that you're eating. Enough for me to give you this.' I said, to regulus as I hugged him. 'I love you, bro. Theres people here for you, dont forget that.' I said. As he was crying in my arms, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. It's all my parents fault. They broke him. And for what? Did they get joy out of this? So many questions running through my head but for now, regulus needs me so I'll put them to the back of my mind.

(6th February 2021)