Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Derrick's POV.

I looked ahead and saw a white light.

"Hello?" I called out. I heard nothing and started making my way towards the light but stopped when I heard crying, it was Melissa crying. I was just about to walk towards the crying when my surroundings suddenly changed. I looked around and saw that I was in a white room with a white sofa in the middle. Suddenly two figures appeared on it. Oh my!

"Hello Derrick." Miranda, Libby and Danny's mum smiled at me.

"Am I dead?" I asked shocked.

"No you're not dead." Andrew, Libby and Danny's dad laughed. I stood frozen in place, I was too shocked to move.

"Come sit." Miranda patted the seat next to her. I walked over to them and sat down between them.

"Derrick, we have something to tell you." Andrew told me with a serious expression. I nodded and told him to go on.

"Have you ever heard of the protectors?" He asked me and I nodded. A protector is someone strong that is chosen by the gods to protect a gifted, important and very special person with your life, you're always there for them, similar to a mate but not exactly like one, your protector isn't your mate, you will have a mate, a protector will be like a brother or sister. Only a handful of people were chosen to become one.

"The gods have chosen you to become Libby's protector, she's a very special girl Derrick and you need to protect my little girl for us. Evil people will be after Libby soon and you need to protect her. Libby's wolf is magnificent, nothing like other wolves; this is part of what makes her so special Derrick. Do you think you'll be able to do this?" Andrew asked. I didn't know what to say, I was so shocked, I mean could I do this? Oh my I don't know. I'm only young. I was brought back from my thoughts when a hand gently slapped my cheek.

"Derrick?" Miranda asked looking concerned.

"Err, err yes, I'm fine just a little shocked that's all." I told her.

"It's a lot to take in I know but you are meant to do this Derrick." Andrew told me whilst putting a hand on my shoulder. "Can you do this?" He asked me.

"I don't know; what if I do something wrong and something bad happens." I told them, I started panicking.

"You won't do anything wrong Derrick. The gods wouldn't have chosen you if you couldn't handle it." He told me smiling.

"Ok." I nodded and they both smiled.

"Well done boy, you can do this." He smiled.

"Bye Derrick, look after my baby girl and look out for Danny, I miss them so much." Miranda said and you could see the tears ready to escape her eyes.

"They miss you too." I hugged her.

"We love them so much; we just wish we could be there with them." Andrew said in a sad voice.

"I can't imagine how hard it is." I whispered sadly back to him.

"Goodbye Derrick and remember stay strong." They told me. Suddenly everything started to change and it all went black, I woke up.