Chapter 1

I walk down stairs to get a glass of milk. It's half twelve and my parnets were still up. I can tell that something bad had happened.

My Dad was pacing round the living room, reading one of the old letters from my Grandmother or Grandfather.

"Dad?" He looks up and walks over to me.

"What's wrong Honey?" His sweet, life-filled eyes were not. So much sadness clouded into them.

"Has something bad happened?" I ask. He kneels down looking up to me, holding onto my arms.

"Yes Caroline." says My Mum walking over. "John should I tell her?"

My Dad nods walking away, still reading the old letter. A tear went down his cheek. I look at Mum confused.

"Your Grandfather...Dad's Father. Past away in his sleep early on today. Your Grandmother....told us on...the telephone." A tear rolls down my cheek.

"Does Scott know?" My Mum nods.

"He is packing his things. We are going back to Waltons Mountain."....

It wasn't a fun adventure going back to My Father's Childhood home. Every holiday we would go back to Waltons Mountain. It was always nice, full of life. Not this one, as we get to the sign saying; 'Welcome to Waltons Mountain'

It wasn't the Welcome that me and brother were used to. It was like the whole place knew that someone died. I look at my Father, I could see tears in his eyes.

The Sun shone onto the mountain, some white snow was still on the ground. Only a bit, it's February, which is understandable. The smell of winter was so sweet making me nearly sick, I don't feel so good.

We stop as 'Ike Godsey's Store.' Dad gets out, going to the petrol tank.

"Mum can we go into the store? I would like to see Rose." says Scott who really likes this girl Rose. She is Mr Godsey's granddaughter.

"Sure." He rushes out of the car. I look at the mountain. Picturing the day that us Waltons will burie Grandfather.

"Is Grandfather going to buried next to his mother and father?"

"Is think so." says Mum smiling......

Please comment your thoughts! Also please look at the youtube video! It's not mine, it's really good! We all miss John Sr/ Ralph Waite. Goodnight!