Chapter 14

The next day, I walk down the stairs. I am wearing one of my dance dresses. Blue that puffs out at the skirt.

Mum and Grandma are setting the table for breakfast and the others are all sat at the table waiting.
"Where's Uncle Ben and Aunt Cindy?" I ask as I sit next to Katie.
"Well, they went to see Charlie in Richmond." says Grandma as she places toast onto the table.
"I hope that he is okay."I say smiling.
"Today, Carrie. You and Scott are going to start school with the rest of your class." says Mum who sits down. Me and Scott do moans an do sighs as we eat.
"I am so glad school is over." says Clay getting up while shoving toast into his mouth.
"Clay where are you going?"
"To meet friends." He says with a mouthful.
"Fine just be back for lunch." He nods while walking out of the door. Aunt Mary-Ellen sighs while she stirs her coffee.
"You okay, Mary-Ellen?" asks Grandma to her daughter. Aunt Mary-Ellen looks up and nods.
"I just haven't received a letter off Jonsey in over a month." She sighs and drinks her coffee.

We head off, Me, Scott and Katie guided by my Mum and Dad. As we get near, I feel butterflies in my somatch. Maybe too much. I get more anxious as we head up the steps of the school. Dad opens the door and their is a corridor in front of us.

"Where's your class room?" Dad asks Katie. Katie points to the left and walks down the hall. She opens it, about twelve children are age sat at in rows of three.

Half of them are related to me as I release to see Amanda and Susan waving at me. I wave back as Dad walks over to quiet old woman who is smiling at us.
"John-Boy it's good to see you." She says hugging our Dad. "And Janet." She says hugging our Mum.
"This must be twins." says the teacher.
"Kids this Verdie Foster. A good old friend of mine. She is your teacher." says Dad. "I got to go. Come on Janet." They nod exiting out of the room.
"Hello, Carrie and Scott. You will sit at the back with Katie." She says smiling.....