Chapter 15

As the mountain had a dazzle of sun, it sprinkles over land. White snow drops grew up to pray to the sun and meadows of green curled upwards to shout over the mountain.

It's Saturday morning, I am looking out of the window.

Dad is next to the old tree writing in his note pad. Uncle Drew, Uncle Ben and Uncle Jim-Bob went to Charlottes ville to get one of their orders done. Katie went off to the Baldwin house and John-Curtis went to see where Clay had been all night.

I walk down the old-family stairs and walk into the big,warmth, full of surprise kitchen where Mum, Aunt Mary-Ellen, Aunt Cindy and Aunt Elizabeth were sat at the table, eating chocolate cake.
"Can I have some?" I ask as I batter my eyes. Mum sighs giving me a piece.
"Mum!" shouts John-Curtis running into the house.
"What is it?" says Aunt Mary-Ellen getting up.
"There is a surprise for you outside." He rushes back out and we follow with confusion on our faces. But when we go outside, their is Uncle Jonesy who is in a suit.
"Jonesy!" shouts Aunt Mary-Ellen who hugs and kisses her husband....

As the stars settle over mountain and fire flies fly around us and stay with us on the porch like Christmas lights.
We eat our ice cream as the breeze got heavy.
"I love nights like this!" says Grandma who pats my shoulder and sighs breathing in mountain air.
"Yes, just like Grandpa liked. Us all sit round here." says Aunt Elizabeth.

The next day was church, as we got up in the morning. Yawns and coughs sprang from each Walton likes bees with honey.

As we got into the church, the sun had come up from the mountain and snow drops came out of the earth that we step on. I enter into the church, Grandma right behind me. I feel this presence of someone their or something round. I sit in a sit and the Reverend starts the service.

Afterwards as I step out into the clear sunshine, the smell of strawberries sink into my nose and sun heats up my arms.

"Caroline! Scott!" says Corabeth walking up to us.
"Yes Corabeth?" Aunt Mary-Ellen.
"Are you having a party for your birthday next Saturday?"
"I am sure they will. We just haven't discussed it have we children." Mum says sighing.
"I will tomorrow evening to discuss this all with you." She walks off smiling to herself.

The next evening, Corabeth came round. She was smiling, with her big glasses on and a note book in her hand.
"Now where will we have this ceremony?" She asks.
"Well it could be at the Baldwins?" asks Scott who was thinking about getting drunk on the recipe.
"No, no. I am not having all the grandchildren there." says Grandma.
"What about the city hall? It's big with lots of space." says Aunt Cindy.
"Well yes that would bring people to the store. So what cake?"
"Erm... Carrie, Scott. What type of cake?"
"I don't care. I am going to bed." I say getting up. "Goodnight." I walk up and I could tell that Scott was following me.....