Chapter 5

"Do you think that Mr Longworth will marry your Mum?" I ask Amanda and Susan in the night time. It is the night before Grandfather was going to buried.

It has been a few days since Aunt Erin met Mr Longworth. Since then, they came round and Daniel and us girls would hang round at the house. Uncle Jim-Bob came round that day, he is sleeping on the sofa.

"I don't know, Mum has become more happy since she met him." says Amanda.

"I think so. It would be good to have a father again."

"Do you ever see your father?" asks Katie.

"No, he went away. He writes letters but I don't see why." says Amanda.

"He still loves you, I think." I say drifting off to sleep.....

The next morning, it was horrible. Everyone was quiet, even Katie who is the loud Walton girl.

"Is everyone ready?" asks Aunt Mary-Ellen.

We nod popping our jackets on. Dad was very quiet. He wouldn't speak. He spent most of the last days writing in his old room.

Now he looks at me and gives me a weak smile. I botton up my jacket and we walk out. The Sun is shining on the mountain. The dusty road is there, as we walk onto it. No one spoke to one another, it's too upsetting for us to talk. As we get to the church, a lot of people were inside, people that I have never before.

"Today we are going to say goodbye to one of the most loving people on this mountain." says The Vicar.  "John Walton, was a great man..."

My Uncles and my Father, are carring the coffin outside. They were so silent, moody faces. We followed them outside, watching as they pop the coffin into the car.

Grandma gets into the front with the Vicar. They drive off and we have to walk up the mountain.

"Let's play so music." says Uncle Jason taking his guitar and starts playing a tune.

"When we all get to heaven?" asks Katie. Uncle Jason nods and we all start singing.

"When we all...get to heaven!

What a day of rejoicing it shall be,

When we all....see Jesus!

We sing and shout victory!"

When we get to the mountain, where some of the Walton relatives are buried. I read the names. 'Zebloun Walton, 1876 to 1954.'

'Esther Walton 1877 to 1961.'

A grave stone stood next to our Great Grandparents. 'John Walton 1900-1969' A tear drops down my cheek, Father walks up to me and hugs me tight.....

Sorry short! But I wanted to get this in early!