Chapter 7

That night, I roll over to see Lottie awake. She looks upset, a tear rolls down her cheek.

"Lottie?" She wipes it away and gives me a smile.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just thinking about Granddad.".....

In the morning, we hear shouting coming from outside. I rub my eyes as Katie races to the window.

"It's Uncle Ben and Aunt Cindy." She says.

"I wonder why they are fighting." I say looking out. They look angry, screaming at each other. Aunt Elizabeth comes out, carring Baby Andrew in her arms.

"Who's outside Girls?"

"It's Uncle Ben and Aunt Cindy." says Katie again.

"One of you hold the baby?" She passes it to Susan and Susan hugs Andrew into her arms. I rush out with Aunt Elizabeth in front.

"Why are you fighting at six o'clock in the morning?" says Aunt Elizabeth. "You woke up Baby Andrew."

"Sorry Elizabeth." says Uncle Ben. "It's just Cindy is not letting our son do what he wants to do!" He throws his arms up in the air and rages on.

"But you don't know how dangerous it is!" says Cindy. "He could be killed or captured!"

"Just because of what happened to me, doesn't mean it will happen to Charlie."

"Shut it!" shouts Charlie running up to them from the barn. "I'm joining and that is that."

"Your joining what?" asks Grandma coming out in her dressing gown.

"I'm joining the Vietnam War and that's all." Charlie walks off not looking back....

Everyone was so shocked, Grandma was the strong one for us today. She made cups of tea for us all. I got dressed and went to find Charlie.

I go up the mountain, and find Charlie talking to Grandfather. He is sat on the grass, twrilling a few strans through his fingers.

"I knew you would be here." I say sitting next to him.

"It's the only place I can think probably."

"Same." I say nodding. "Charlie?"

"Yes, Carrie?"

"Why are you joining the Vietnam War? You know you can die."

"I know but, my Wrestling isn't doing good. And I need to do something with my life...not stuck here on Waltons Mountain." He sighs, stretching his leg out and kicking a small rock.

"I understand." I say patting his hand. "It's nearly lunch, you coming?"

"I'll eat later, don't want to see my Mum or Dad for a while." He says sighing.....

I get home and the family are eating around the table. Dad looks at me and gives me a smile.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Charlie is eating later." I hear Cindy sigh.

When we are about to eat Lemon cake that Grandma had made that day. Charlie comes through the front door, slaming it in progress.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." He says walking up the stairs.

"That soon? Charlie!" says Aunt Cindy standing up. He ingores his Mother and walks up the stairs. Aunt Cindy rushes outside, Uncle Ben following her.

"I'll go see Charlie." says My Brother, Scott. He gives a slit flinch to me to follow. I do nodding at Mum, who gives a sweet smile....

We walk into the boys room, Charlie is angry. He throws clothes into his suitcase.

"Charlie, can't you just wait a little time....your upsetting your Mum." He walks over to him patting Charlie shoulder. Charlie's a anger became heavy.

"Scott I would move back." I say quickly.

"Charlie. Listen." says Scott who is ingoring me. Charlie moves quickly, swiping a punch at Scott. Scott moves more quickly than Charlie can punch. Down to the  floor Charlie went.

"Scott!" shouts Charlie.

"Shouldn't of tried that." says Scott making Charlie sit down..................

Please comment!