You and Your Hazel Eyes ~Chapter Twenty-Three~

Chapter Twenty-Three: Surprise Three

~Jackson’s POV~

When I landed on the chair I couldn’t help but laugh at my mother’s expression. She had her lips in a thin line like she wanted to disapprove but her eyes gave her away. They were sparkling with amusement. I loved my mother. I smirked at her before turning my attention on the visitors.

“So what’s up?” I asked the teens who were busily drying themselves off with towels. After Alivia had jumped into the pool the boys had quickly joined. The twins dove in gracefully and the little girl just stuck her legs in the pool. We swam for an hour. We only left the pool to put some food in our empty stomachs. “Are you guys some long lost cousins? You have that eerie resemblance,” I chuckled.

One of the twins laughed, “Try again. It’s more like long lost sisters.”

Both Alivia and I choked on the air we breathed. That was unexpected.

“Haha nice one, I almost believed you! No seriously who are you?” Alivia asked with a smile on her face. I just stared at the three girls who sat before us. I studied their faces one at a time, looking for something. I didn’t know what though.

The youngest scowled at Alivia. “You seem smart so don’t be blinded by your past. It’s true what my sister said. We are your sisters. If you choose not to believe, it is your lost,” She told my sister before slumping back in her chair.

The twins looked down at their younger sister before looking up at us with stunned looks. I guess everyone else was stunned by the little shrimp’s outburst, but I was too busy staring at the twins to notice.

“Umm, I’m sorry for Ari. It has just been a rough journey, you know? Wait you don’t know. I guess I’ll start,” One of the twins told Mom sheepishly. She smiled and my heart dropped.

Holy fu---

“It started when Jax and I were seven and Ari almost two. It was the night our father died. Our parents were fighting like usual and we overheard them arguing about us. Dad wanted to take us to you, but my mother wouldn’t let him. She said that my father had given away her only son and one of her daughters to you. Then Dad went storming out of the house and that was last time I ever saw him. I barely remember the funeral but I do remember afterwards. I asked my mom who my brother and sister were. She slapped me and told me to never speak about it ever again. I, of course, listened to her. Although that didn’t stop me from looking through my mother’s stuff that night. I wanted to know as much as possible about you guys. I found my mother’s journal. Her psychiatrist told her to keep a journal to write down everything she was feeling. I found out that my father wanted to take us to you because you couldn’t have kids of your own. All you wanted was a family and my father tried to help by having kids with my mom and giving them to you. He used my mother, but my mother also used him. She was madly in love with Dad and all she wanted was to be with him. She didn’t care about kids, but we were the only things that tied them together. When she realized he was going to take us all away she flipped out. She tried to reason with him but he wouldn’t hear of it. She even put in her journal that she was planning to kill you,” She trailed off at the end, not wanting to say it.

I knew this was the truth. I knew that everything she was saying was true just by the look in her eye.

But Alivia wasn’t having any of it. “Bravo! Bravo! How amazing was that. Your acting,” Alivia held up her hand in an Ok gesture, “spot on! I loved your story but you have one thing wrong. My mother, my biological mother is sitting right there…” She trailed off when she saw Mom crying in her chair.

Mom never cried. The last time we saw her cry was when Dad died. Thinking about it, we never went to Dad’s funeral. Mom said that they don’t funerals for cremations. I was seven and it was natural to believe everything my mother said.

“Mom?” I whispered. She wasn’t sobbing or weeping or anything. She just sat there with a blank expression. I would never have thought she was crying if it weren’t for the tears.

She wiped her eyes but more tears flowed down her cheeks. “I’m so sorry Alivia. I was going to tell you when you were older. I promise you that I was. You were too little when your father died and I couldn’t tell you then. I wanted to wait until you were old enough to understand. I didn’t want it to be like this. Jackson, Alivia,” She looked at each of us when she said our names. “You both are my pride and joys. I love you more than anything in the world. You are my children. I don’t care about biological and non-biological, you are my children and no one in the world can say different.”

I had no idea what to say to my mother. There were no words, so I let my actions do the talking. I embraced both her and my sister into a hug. I knew this was just right because I never gave anyone hugs. Not since my father died. I guess Dad had taken a couple things from us when he died. We stayed in that position for a few moments.

Mom sniffled one last time before saying, “Sit so we can hear their story.” We complied, wanting to know what brought them here. I took Mom’s hand in my own and squeezed it reassuringly. She smiled back at me with so much love. She was my one and only mother.

The girl that was mostly doing the talking cleared her throat. I realized that only the girls were sitting at the table. The guys were around the backyard milling around, giving us privacy. “Yeah well two weeks ago my mother told us that she was going to be deported back to France so we had to go back to her mother’s home. Well I’ve never flew before so I kinda had a meltdown. I raced into the men’s restroom and I stumbled across One Direction as I was crying and purging…” My mom and I stared at her, confused, but Alivia was staring at her with amazement, jealousy, excitement, and a whole different emotions lingering in her eyes. The one twin that hasn’t spoken and the little shrimp were snickering at the other twin. “One Direction is 4/5 British and 1/5 Irish boy band. They took us in when we found out that our mother had abandoned us. She left us in a London airport with only a text to look for the Stars’. We didn’t know who they were at the time and she expected us to find a way to contact them in a foreign city, in a foreign country. Luckily the boys were there and let us stay at their flat for a week. We found out the Stars’ were old family friends of ours. We told them what happened and memories came up about our father and we came up with the idea of trying to find you guys. The guys were coming to the U.S. to feature on ICarly so this was a perfect opportunity. My mom couldn’t stop us from finding you now. We were determined to find you and it was just our luck that my father and I thought alike. I found some old news clippings in his old piano. They were too faded so Jax took some clues and found the article on the computer. And now we are here…” The twin smiled kindly. Alivia, Mom and I stared at them in shock. They were put through all that?

“That is so unbelievable! How could a mother do that to her own kids? I really can’t believe that there are people out there like that!” I pounded my fist on the table as I growled that out.

The twin looked down sadly, “So you don’t believe us. I thought you would.”

My furious expression suddenly turned into one of curiosity before realizing what I said. “Oh that didn’t come out right. I meant that no one should experience the stuff your mother put you through. I’m sorry those were a poor choice of words sister,” I smiled comfortingly at her. She looked up with a huge grin on her face and tears in her eyes.

My mother choked back a sob. “She isn’t just your sister, she is your triplet. You are triplets.” I knew it.

A crash sounded from beside me. I looked over to see the twin that hadn’t said anything on the ground. I guess she hadn’t realized it.