5

Annabeth

When I woke up, I felt the warmth radiating off Percy. 

"AH-" I said, startled. Last night came flooding back to me as he sat up, a concerned look on his face, "Annabeth, another nightmare?"

He sounded genuinely concerned, which made it look cute.

What?! Cute- I meant c-

"Uh, no." I said, interrupting my own thoughts. "Just... surprised." 

I looked down, thinking.

"Look, Jackson, just because we are soulmates, doesn't mean we are friends." I say sternly, standing up, only to loose balance and fall on top of Percy.

"Nah, means we are more than friends, wise girl." He smirked. I grimaced.

"You. Are. An. Idiot. Seaweed. Brain." I say, flustered as I pulled away from his tight grip.

"Awwwwwww first nicknames!" He smirked.

"Stopppppp!" I say, my face heating up.

"But for real, Miss Chase, give me one try, please?" He stood up next to me, smiling cutely. I mean, idiotically?

"Fine. Where and when?"

"Tonight, the beach!" He grinned. "See ya then, Annie bell!"

"Ugh, only Mr. D can call me that." I said, rolling my eyes at the principles nickname he had given me many years before.

I walked upstairs, Percy following me. We ended up telling them what had happened, causing Hazel and Piper to go berserk. 

"OH MY GAWWDDDSSSS PERCY OUT!" Piper said, shoving him and the rest of the boys out of the room. "We are totes going shopping, and getting you a cute over shirt, and maybe a new bathing suit..."

"Seriously, guys?" I sigh.

"Starbucks?" Hazel smirked.

"Ok, that's all you had to say, let's go!" I said, smiling at the sound of a nice Vanilla Frappe and Strawberry Cake-Pop.

"Uh, mind if we stay here?" Thalia said, motioning between her and Reyna.

"Of course!" Piper winked at Thalia, who blushed. The rest of the girls walked out, giggling.

"They are sooo cute!" I say, talking about Thalia and Reyna.

"Did you see Juniper and Grover last night though??" Piper looked at Juniper, who blushed.

"Oh, but what about Nico and Will?!" Hazel said.

"YES!" Piper giggled.

We got to Starbucks, talking about Hazel and Frank now.

"Y'all were so cute!" Piper said. "I wish Jason would just kiss me already."

"You've got a crush on Jason?!" Juniper asked.

"... Oops?" Piper covered her mouth. We drank our drinks, laughing and spilling tea, when Luke walked in. Piper immediately shut up, watching him from a safe, unnoticed distance.

"Whats he doing here?" She asked, apparently moody now.

"I have no idea." I say. "Lets just go, we've paid for our stuff, we have no reason to stay."

"I agree with Annie." Hazel said, standing up. Juniper and Calypso followed suit, Piper following lastly.

"I hate him sooo much." Piper muttered.

"Hey, it's not his fault, okay?" I say softly. "It's that guy who adopted him's fault. Kronos or whatever."

"I guess..." Piper nodded slightly.

// a/n: before anyone says anything: I do not hate Luke, I have a neutral feeling for him //

----

After shopping, I went to my house and got dressed. Helen wasn't home yet, thankfully. I looked at my almost empty room, thinking.

I shrugged off the feeling and my thinking, but Percy's offer always came to mind.

Maybe a small talk with Ms. Jackson wouldn't hurt anyone...

But that's just entirely disrespectful. 

I sighed, pulling on the cover covering my bathing suit, then walked downstairs, grabbing an orange juice.

"Hi Annie!" Bobby smiled, some of his front teeth missing.

"Hey Bobby! Hi Matthew!" I waved at the two boys, who smiled together. 

"Daddy is in his work area, if you want to see him?"

"I..." I paused. "I'm good, thank you though."

"Where are you going?" Matthew asked, looking up from his toy cars.

"I'm going out, with a friend."

I heard a car pull up, then a knock.

"That's him now!" I say, smiling than walking over to the door.

I opened the door to Percy, who was smiling.

"Hey!" He said eagerly.

"Hewo!" Bobby and Matthew poked their heads out from underneath me.

"Hey there lil' dudes!" Percy knelt down. "What's you names?"

"I'm Matthew!"

"And I'm Bobby!"

"Nice to meet you guys!" Percy held out both his hands, and the boys shook his hands.

"And is Miss Annabeth Chase ready for our date?" Percy asked, once finishing with the handshakes and standing up. 

"Indeed so, Mr Percy Jack-"

"Annabeth, who is this?" Helen asked, walking up from behind Percy.

"Hello to you too, Hellen." I mutter. "He is just a friend."

"Mhm. Get off my porch, both of you. Bobby, Matthew, don't talk to strangers!" Helen snapped at the two younger boys.

"Look, Helen, I get it, you hate me. Don't take it out on Matthew and Bobby though." I say, a slight bit of concern edging into my voice.

"I would never hurt my precious children." Helen said, ruffling the boys hair. "They just need to learn a few life lessons. It's only a few words. Right boys?"

"Sticks and stones may break our bones but words will never hurt us!" The boys said in unison, smiling. Helen smiled proudly.

I rolled my eyes and brushed past Percy, closing the door behind me.

Percy followed me, opening the door for me and then getting in the drivers seat.

"So." Percy said, starting the car and pulling out of the driveway. "That was Helen?"