19

Annabeth

//a few weeks later//

Nico and his father stood in front of the crowd. Nico's birthmother, Maria di Angelo, had died numerous years before, leaving Nico alone with his now deceased sister, Bianca. Bianca and Nico later found their father, Hades, and his wife, Persephone. They were very kind towards their children, gladly letting them live with them.

Bianca died from a fire, unfortunately. Nico was devastated, the only person that had been there forever with him was gone now.

Will hugged him up front.

Bianca and I weren't good friends, but this was sad enough to make me cry. 

We decided to have a sleepover at Percy's house that evening. We tried really hard to cheer Nico up. It kind of worked.

When everyone fell asleep, I sat up.

"You're still awake too?" Nico asked softly.

"Hey Nico." I smiled softly at him.

"Annabeth... how did you cope with your mom's death?"

I tensed. I had always been told my mom was dead, but she never actually was. I only had told Piper and Hazel that my mom wasn't dead, and Percy of course.

"I didn't. I never knew her, so it was difficult for me to... y'know?" I said slowly. "I'm not the best with deaths. Maybe talk to Hazel, or Frank, or even Leo. Most if the people here have gone through deaths."

"But... so have you!" Nico sounded confused.

"No... my mother came to me during January." I sigh. "Nico, Bianca wouldn't want you to be depressed and sad the rest of your life."

"I know..." He nodded. "I just-"

"You miss her, I get that. But she wanted you to be happy." I nodded slightly, smiling softly.

He nodded and hugged me, "Thanks Annie."

"You're welcome Nico." I chuckled softly. "Now you should get some sleep, it's been a long day."

Nico nodded, going back to his spot on the couch and falling asleep.

Percy moved next to me, hugging me.

"Hey Perce." I hugged him back.

"Love you Annie." He kissed my head. I leaned against him, resting my head on his chest.

"Love you too Percy."

I fell asleep soon after.

//idk what else to do...//