3

After the mall, Piper decided to host a party.

Of course, she invited the boys. But not Luke, which made him pissed.

"Annabeth, tell her she needs to invite me!" Luke said. I am being generous here, it was more of a yell-like scenario. Kinda common with Luke. All it takes is patience, something I did not have today.

"Why?" I ask simply.

"I don't feel comfortable with you in the same household with boys!" He said.

"Now you decide to be over-protective? Not when, oh lets see, Helen put me through hell? Or when I got bullied in the bathroom for being a nerd? NOW?! Plus, I've seen the way you look at Thalia! Luke, you're way more toxic than you used to be!"

"Toxic? Me?! Yeah right, you slap almost every person you meet!"

This made me falter, my confidence in myself wavering downwards.

"I'll talk to her, but don't get mad at me when she says no." I say, then walked into Piper's house.

Piper's dad was really famous, and so was her mom. So, they had a huge house.

I walked into the living room, my head down. Everyone was cheering, Frank and Hazel in the middle of the circle. When I walked in, Piper noticed me and squealed. 

"Oh my goddd Annieeee!" She hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back slightly.

Piper, being my bestie, noticed my mood.

"Did Luke do something??" She asked, her voice low.

"No, Luke didn't do anything." I lied plainly.

"Annie, you need to dump him! He is soooo toxic!"

"I can't just dump him though. He would literally murder me!"

"Annie, he can't murder you if he is already buried 6 feet under." She said simply. 

"Hey, what happened?" Percy asked. Everyone was looking at us.

Percy, who had probably overheard us, looked me in the eyes. He gave me the look, as if telling me Piper's way was the best way.

"Percy." I said, motioning out the door. He followed me out. 

"What did Luke say?" I ask, leaning against the doorframe.

"A few curse words I caught, ya know, typical toxic stuff."

Yeah, he definitely overheard me and Pipers conversation.

"Percy... you owe me." I say simply.

"For what?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"For tutoring you. Now follow me." I say, walking towards the door.

"If I get killed in this process, just know I won't forgive you anytime soon."

"In approximately 5 minutes, Luke is going to open the door. Meaning in 4 minutes, I need you to do something."

"What is it...?" He asked, his voice wavering.

"I need you to ki-" My voice broke. I simply pointed to my lips, my eyes on the ground.

"Kiss you?! Why me?! Why not Jason- or or or Grover?!"

"Cause Juniper and Piper like Jason and Grover, not specifically in that order! And, again, you owe me! Please just do it and get this dam thing over with!" 

I felt tears piercing my eyes. Percy moved closer slightly, kissing me softly.

I cant say I hated it, but I definitely didn't love it.

I also didn't expect it to be mediocre. 

Sure enough, Luke opened the door, gasping when seeing me and Percy.

"Annie-" He stammered. I pulled away, blushing.

"Luke..." I start slowly.

"Hold up, you have no right to call her Annie." Percy said, glaring Luke down.

"Percy stop..." I say.

"And you have a right to kiss my girlfriend?!" Luke yelled. I stepped between the two boys, raising my hands.

"STOP!" I said loudly. Both boys fell silent.

"Luke, leave. We are done."

"Ann-"

"WE'RE DONE LUKE!" I said. Luke turned around, storming away.

"Percy-"

"Your hand." Percy said simply, then looked into my eyes. "You knew..."

He lightly touched his cheek, the mark starting to fade. The mark on my hand also started fading.

"Holy shit." I said quietly, my heartbeat beating faster. "Your my soulmate?!"

"You knew that already, didn't you?" Percy asked.

"I had a slight suspicion..."

"Why would you keep something like that from me?!" He asked, tears gathering in his eyes.

"WE ARENT FRIENDS, PERCY!" I say, probably a little louder than I meant.

"Right, I could tell that when you friggin SLAPPED ME!"

"Well I'm not sorry!" I brushed past him, going back into the living room.

Just to my luck, a game of truth or dare was nicely set up in the living room.

"So, Miss Annabeth Chase and Mr Percy Jackson, you have decided to join us."

"You heard everything, didn't you?" I ask.

"We all did. And we just have a few games to play, to wrap up the night...."