21

//a few years later, don't judge//

Annabeth

Everyday for the past few years, Percy and I called each other. Every night, and, since he insisted, every morning. Long distance relationships aren't that bad, it just took a lot of communication.

We decided to meet up in North Carolina, since it wasn't too much of a drive for either of us. We settled on the OBX (outer banx).

When I got there, I drove to the ice cream shop we said we would meet at.

Immediately as I walked in the door, I was tackled in a hug by Percy.

"Hey Percy!" I smiled and hugged him tightly.

We didn't let go for a few minutes, crying, missing each other.

"School is soooo hard!" He said.

"For you. I'm out, I graduated early." I smiled.

"You didn't invite me?!" He asked.

"Cheer up, Percy, my mom was going to be there. She would kill you with her glare if she even knew I was still in love with you."

He kissed me softly, smiling.

"I love you still!" He said.

"And I still love you." I reply.

He grinned, kneeling down on one knee. My eyes widened, and he began tying his shoe.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" I burst out laughing.

"Oh- did you- think I was-?" He smirked.

I laughed, having to grab his shoulder for support.

"Tomorrow, the beach, 7 PM, see you then." He kissed my cheek and ran our of the shop.

----

I walked onto the beach, wearing a simple bathing suit and a shirt cover up dress that was see through.

It was kind of windy, but warm. I sat down, beginning to build a sandcastle, when Percy came up behind me and hugged me.

"Ah-" I said, startled. I then smiled, "Hey Percy."

"Hiiiii!" He giggled childishly. A few fireworks went off, then some more, until the entire sky was lit up.

I felt Percy's grip loosen around me as he walked in front of me. Smiling, he knelt down onto one knee, pulling out a small box.

'I knew it!' I thought to myself, grinning. I had to cover my smile so he wouldn't quickly change his mind or something.

"Annabeth Chase, I have loved you for so long, and long distance relationships were great, but I've had this ring since we were 18, and I needed to see it on your finger before I go back to Florida. So... will you spend the rest of your life living with a dorky boy named Percy?"

"Heck yeah, you amazing dorky boy Percy!" I uncovered my mouth, still smiling, and hugged him.

"The sand is getting in my eyes." He said, wiping tears from his eyes. I kissed him as he slid the ring onto my finger.