11

Annabeth

//a/n- I squealed at the end of the previous chapter-//

Everyone decided to go home afterwards, since we had school tomorrow. Percy hugged me goodnight and went into his room.

Sally and Mr. Blofis weren't home yet, so I decided to sit at the island in the kitchen and work on my speech to run for president.

I lost track of time, and when Sally and Mr. Blofis came in, Sally was surprised to see me.

"Annabeth?!" She asked.

I looked up, "Hey Sally! Hi Mr. Blofis!"

"Please, Annabeth, outside school, Paul is fine."

"Annabeth, why are you still awake?! It's 1 in the morning!"

"Oh..." I looked down at my paper. "Sorry, was just finishing this up!"

"Homework?" Paul asked.

"No, actually, my, uhm, I'm running for school president." I laughed.

"Oh, nice!" Sally nodded. "Well, maybe finish this tomorrow? You need some sleep."

"Yep. Goodnight Sally! Night Paul!" I waved and gathered my things, heading to the guest room and going to sleep.

Around 3 AM, my door opened. 

"Annie?" Percy asked quietly.

I sat up, dazed and confused, "Percy?"

"Uhm... can I sleep with you?" He asked, like a 5 year old.

"Sure? Why?" 

"I had a nightmare." He responded, lying down next to me. "It was about this gold eyed man trying to murder my favorite people ever."

"Like who?"

"Don't laugh." He responded.

"Dear gods..."

"Ariel, Nemo, Flounder, Sebastian..."

"Good night Percy."

He hugged me from behind, "Night Annie."

----

I woke up to Piper-squeals. 

"Piper, what the hell are you doing?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"OHMYGODS OHMYGODS!" She squealed, snapping a picture. I looked at Percy, who was sitting up, red faced.

"Oh lord." I mutter. "We were just sleeping!"

"Yeah, you better have been just sleeping! BUT EEEEEE!"

"Why are you here?"

"Sally said I needed to come here ASAP!" She smiled sweetly.

"Ok, both of you out so I can get dressed."

Percy waved and ran to his room. Piper snickered and walked out.

I got dressed and went into the kitchen, eating my daily dose of blue food.

Paul and Percy walked into the room, looking almost identical.

Paul and Percy both had tired eyes, messy hair, and looked exhausted. 

"Good morning Paul, Percy!" I nod in acknowledgment. Piper had been picked up, literally, by Jason.

"Morning." Percy kissed my forehead and sat down, eating his blue waffles.

"Annabeth, the speeches are due by next week." Paul reminded me.

"So... today is- oh shit." I say, realizing today is the day my dad got home from his work trip.

"Annabeth?" Percy asked. Sally sighed, "Language, please."

"My dad is coming home today..." I muttered, running my hands through my hair.

Sally's eyes widened, "Oh shit indeed."

"Sally!" Paul said.

"Sorry!" She laughed. "But for real."

"We'll worry about this later, we need to get to school." I said, sighing.

----

At lunch, Hazel and I worked on the posters. Piper and Calypso helped us put them all over the school, then we all worked on the rest of my speech, agreeing we would film it tomorrow.

The rest of the day went by in a blur, and I made a quick stop with Percy on our way home.

I knocked on the door at my dad and Helen's house.

Dad answered.

"Annabeth! Helen said you've been missing for over two weeks!"

"Is that what she said?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Yeah..."

"And have the police been looking for me?"

"Helen said they gave up after 48 hours, which, technically, that's how they do everything."

"I don't see any missing signs up, either." I said.

"Annabeth, drop the attitude!" Dad scowled.

"Helen is a bitch, and I officially moved out. I'm living with Percy now!"

"Percy who? Jackson? The guy you said you loathed?!"

I froze, glancing over at Percy.

"She likes me a lot now." Percy said defensively, hugging me.

"Are you dating my daughter?!"

"Don't go all over-protective on me now dad!" I frowned.

"Annabeth, at least be a little civilized! You're living in your boyfriends house!"

"His mom lives there too, it's not like we're going to have sex or something!"

"That's-" Dad stopped, knowing that's exactly what he was referring to. "Annabeth, come back to living here."

"No."

"That's a demand from your dad." Dad said.

"No!" I say. "I'm happy where I live now, Sally doesn't kick me out then lie to her boyfriend like Helen does to you."

Dad frowned, closing the door on me. Through the door, I could hear dad saying things like, "I told her mom to take her!" and "I never can raise a child correctly!"

I didn't know whether to cry or to be confident. I turned in Percy's arms and just hugged him, and he hugged me back.

We walked home. Sally was already there.

"Hey guys!" She smiled. We put on our best faces and smiled back.

"Hi Mom!" Percy grinned.

"Hi Sally!"

"How was school?"

"Great!" We said in unison. 

"Not really." Percy added.

"Was that really necessary?" I laughed. "Sally, I think I might get a part time job down at the diner this weekend."

"Sounds great Annabeth! Percy, you should really look into making some money too."

He shrugged, "Up for some Minecraft?" He asked me.

"Sure!" I nod and we walked into his room.

We started a new map and began building a city. I ended up doing the interior designing, which was amazing.

I also fell asleep around 9 PM-ish.