Chapter 7 | The Seeker

Aleah was sitting next to Hermione in Transfiguration's class when the doors banged open, Harry and Ron were panting as they came to a halt and sighed.

      "Whew," Ron sighed with a pant, "Amazing, we made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagal's face if we were late?" he said oblivious to the tabby cat watching them from the desk.

     At the mention of Professor McGonagals' name the tabby jumped from the table in one swift motion and transfigured into Professor McGonagall before Ron and Harry. They both stared at her in utter shock.

     "That was bloody brilliant," Ron exclaimed and Harry's mouth was agape.

     "Thank you, for that assessment Mr Weasley," Professor McGonagall replied, though she didn't crack a smile, "Maybe if I were to transfigure Mister Potter here or yourself into a pocket watch, maybe one of you would be on time." She gazed at the two boys.

     "We-we got lost," Harry responded feebly.

     "Your sister made it on time Mister Potter, perhaps then a map?" she replied gazing down at him, "I trust you don't need one to find your seats." And the two boys collapsed into the seat next to Ally and Hermione.

     After Transfiguration's the Gryffindors' had Potions down in the dungeons, they rushed there to find the classroom empty and only steaming cauldrons. Everyone sat down taking out their books and waited patiently for Professor Snape to arrive.

     The door banged open and the Professor came rushing in waving his wand to close the shutters on the windows, dipping the room into an eerie darkness, "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." He said turning towards the class.

     "As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making." He continued, still glaring at the class with his black eyes, "However, for those select few, who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind, and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He finished and took a sweeping look around the room, his eyes fell on Ally first and then moved over towards Harry who was scribbling everything down.

     "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not... pay... attention" he snarled.

     Hermione nudged Harry in his ribs, making him glare at her before he noticed that Professor Snape had descended on their table like a huge bird of prey, he slammed his palms down onto our table glaring at both of the twins, "Harry and Aleah Potter" he half spat out in dislike.

     "Our new... celebrities. Tell me Mister Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Professor Snape asked still glaring at Harry, next to Ally, Hermione's hand shot into the air.

     Harry looked at her bewildered and shrugged.

     "You don't know?" Professor Snape said menacingly, "Well, let's try again." And he diverted his black gaze towards Lexi.

     "Where, Miss Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" he spat and she jumped back in fright, she looked at the Professor .

     Yet again to everyone's dismay Hermione's hand shot into the air again.

     "I-I don't know, sir," Ally mumbled feeling ashamed and the Professor had a rather ugly smile upon his bat-like face.